SaltyShrimp Bee Shrimp Mineral GH+

Dean

All TDS pens measure in EC then convert it to get the TDS reading on the screen, it all depends on where the pen was made, Europe & the US use different conversion formulas, one uses 0.7 x EC & the other uses 0.5 x EC, not 100% sure which is which sorry, so you're best off using your TDS pen :encouragement:

Yes' date=' but you have to slowly change the tank for CRS over a few weeks so it's not too much impact on the cherries & yeah you are right about the minerals staying behind during evaporation, I only top up evaporated water with RO water :encouragement:[/quote']

so without minerals ?

Yeah the new water will have the Bee Shrimp minerals & you slowly do a few water changes till you get the right ph, KH, GH, TDS, etc :encouragement:

• 5 weeks later...

so what was used before this product came out? are there other minerals out there?

I used mineral rocks, they slowly dissolve over time releasing minerals beneficial to shrimp :encouragement:

I used mineral rocks' date=' they slowly dissolve over time releasing minerals beneficial to shrimp :encouragement:[/quote']

I still do exactly that but also have some products I'm testing as well.

so what was used before this product came out? are there other minerals out there?

There are also mineral powders...

I still do exactly that but also have some products I'm testing as well.

I've taken them out of the Taiwan Bee & Crystal Bee tanks as they were a bit of overkill with the SaltyShrimp minerals, I found they were raising the TDS 10ppm per day :encouragement: