Australian Shrimp Championship 2016

The 2016 shrimp championships will be in March 2016. More details to come. Any business or person wishing to get involved please email [email protected] Will update this post as details come to hand.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Update of the event:

Date confirmed 6th March, 2016.

This year aswell as being alongside an ibc betta show, we will also be hosting an aquascape competition. Details will be confirmed later. But exciting news for possible entrants :)

• Like 2

hey JacksonL i cant tell u what goes on aside from i do know there are some spectacular shrimps on display which get judged - check out some of these fine ladies .. ;-)

The first championship was great fun. There was a lot of back-end work done by the SCV committee and entrants but for everyone else there was just a great display of shrimp to view and photograph. 2016 will be way bigger and better because prospective entrants know what to expect this time - and that will inevitably mean more entries. 

The IBC show means that some exceptional quality splendens forms and beautiful, rare species Bettas were on display. The further inclusion of an aquascaping competition for 2016 can't hurt at all. Also remember that there's opportunity to purchase some of the show stock at the end of the day. 

Everyone's pretty much summed it up.

Everyone is welcome to enter, although there are limits if your not an aquarium society of vic member (can become a member which is always greatly appreciated)

We hope to see lots of new entrants this year.

Main things to know will be show details when announced, when entry forms are due, and when entries need to be benched in/sent to show chair

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

Is the Shrimp Championship 2016 event still going ahead? Is there perhaps info on venue/city, start, duration and end times for people wanting to make arrangements to perhaps attend from interstate?

I heard that it is being moved to May 2016 but I Haven't seen anything official.

@lodo Can you confirm anything?

• 3 weeks later...

It would be really great if someone from SKF could go along and cover it and then put up a nice thread on the entrants/winners etc and the process throughout the day.... ?. I'm sure there are alot of members who won't be able to attend the actual show but would love a run down of the proceedings.

Edited by Shrimpelina
  • Like 1

I would love to attend. I have emailed the Victoria shrimp club and not received any response so I am assuming it is Dead in the Water. If anyone is organising this, I would like to volunteer my services with registration or with wherever they need assistance as I am assuming that sponsors are not exactly falling over their feet for such a niche National event. I will also put my hand up for sponsoring a small prize.

• Like 1

I was told it will be on the Sunday 15th of May 2016.

@kizshrimp Can you please confirm for everyone. time and location?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the latest posted on the shrimp club Victoria webpage

http://www.shrimpclubvictoria.com/shrimp-championship-2016.html

information in short, more information on the actual page. (Some names that some of us may now.)

Shrimp Championship
th July 2016
29 Grant Street, Clifton Hill, Victoria

Judges: Glenn Ng, Jay Cottrell, Paul O'leary
Show Chair: Jamie Cameron
Assistant Show Chair: Madeline Kiel

Event Schedule
Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th July: Benching in of interstate entrants (mailed in)
Friday 15
th July: Benching in for local (Victorian) entrants
Saturday 16th July: Judging (only judges, apprentices and show stewards permitted)
Sunday 17th July: Show Day , All welcome. Free entry.

• Like 3

I'd love to check out what we have nearby! Any idea on the time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd love to check out what we have nearby! Any idea on the time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Says 11am for the Sunday on FB

• Like 2

I just told my non-shrimping good friend about the National Championship coming up: He exasperatedly  asked whether we make them fight at the championship?! ????

image.jpg

• Like 7

On 22 June 2016 at 7:40 PM, KeenShrimp said:

Awesome! @Gbang and @newbreed, do we have to RSVP in some way if we would like to attend on the open day Sunday 17th?

No RSVP necessary!! Will be great to see you all there!! 

Looks to be quite a few entries already! 

If anyone wishes to enter, the cut off is next weekend! ???

• Like 2

If anyone is considering entering shrimp, the cut off to register is this Sunday. ?

Interstate postal entries accepted, and shrimp entered can be auctioned on the day if you do not want them shipped back.

For those who can attend on the day, there will be some stunning shrimp on auction, sensational sponsor special offers (lol), and just generally a great opportunity to catch up with other shrimp folk.

Look forward to seeing some of you on the day!! ?

• Like 3

Sounds like we have a few SKF members attending on Sunday 17th and a few interstaters on their way across/over/down for the event. 

Look forward to seeing you all there. 

Will make sure there's photos and hopefully even vids of the event to post. ?

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!

So the Shrimp Championships event times for this Sunday are from 11:00am to 3:00pm

11:00am doors open
11:00am silent auction commences
11:00am trade tables open
1:00pm raffles drawn
1:00pm popular choice awards closed and counted
2:00pm awards presented
2:00pm silent auction closes
2:00-3:00pm auction wins finalised, paid and collected
2:30-3:00pm bench out time for entrants carrying out.

So cut off to bid on auction shrimp is 2pm.

And to help choose the Popular Choice winner, you will need to have your vote in by 1pm.

Raffles will be drawn at 1:00pm. Some great prizes to be won!!

Look forward to seeing you all there!! ???

Entry on the day is free, plenty of quality shrimp to view and possibly buy on the day! 

And some Shrimp Championship exclusive deals on the trade tables too!! 

Who will be the winner Shrimp Champion for 2016????