• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JPN07

• Gbang

• Loach

• Brado

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Gbang- after the tank is cycled im planning to put some purigen in the sump. Thanks for the advice :) Brad- im planning to select breed best of my crs in one section and the best of my cbs in another. The third section im planning to source some normal tigers when im ready and mix it with some crs, cbs and see what happens. I decided to keep my 2.5x18x18 for dedicated taiwan bees tank. Sadly the michiling that marcus gave me died. So planing to get 1 or 2 wr or kk/panda and some michilings from marcus wheni finish with the new setup. Long way to go still bro :)

The wr is doing great bro. First i thought it was male but turns out its a female. So need to get a male tb or male michling. The towels, what towels??? no comment ahahaha :) had them when i use to go to hospital's gym bro.

Just a little update. I tested the tank and piping for leaks last night. Sadly there are small leaks coming from all three bulkheads (not happy). Im going to bunnings later in the week and get some new bulkheads with rubber gaskets.

On a good note the wr im sure for now is a male becuase i just woke up this morning and saw 2 crs berried. In the tank there are no other males. Oh and the chocolate cherry female from gbang is berried and cant wait to see what colour the babies will have.

Not a problem guys :) i have managed to fix the leaking problems by using some 25mm rubber seals, you wouldnt believe how happy i was to see that it wasnt leaking anymore hahahaha. I have also changed the pump to 1500 lph because the one i was using was way too strong for my setup (2500 lph). I have put about 15 liters of Mr Aqua ceramic noodles, japanese filter mat and a blue filter mat in the sump. Just to getting the cycling going. Now im just waiting for my soil and its all good to go. Will be putting more media (seachem matrix) in tomorrow, say around 15 liters. After i put the soil in and all, i will update with more photos :)

Hi Marcus, the wr is still going strong and the crs are still berried and happy.

G'day fellow SKF crew. I have put more bio media in the sump and put sponge filters in the tank. I have also put some seachem matrix at the bottom of the tank to cover the gap for better flow between each section.

20121119_224712.jpg20121119_224818.jpg

I know the sponge filters provide extra filtration but its an eye sore. Makes the tank look messy. Thinking of removing them. What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

Its been about 2 weeks since i have updated my journal. Today i finally got my benibachi soil yaaaaaaa :) I sprinkled some Borneo Wild bacter crystal and humic at the bottom. After that i put the soil in and filled it up with water. Will be putting some plants with driftwoods abit later. Now just have to wait until it is cycled. Sorry about the crappy photos.

20121129_193544.jpg20121129_193557.jpg20121129_194829.jpg20121129_205346.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok fellow shrimp lovers. The tank has been cycling for a few weeks now and everything look sweet so far. There is still small amount of ammonia. I have tied some moss and ferns to driftwood. Also put some commando shrimps in there (wahahahahahaha :stupid:). They have been in there for 3 weeks now and still alive and kicking. Now just waiting for the chiller to arrive.

8393438848e58aa792c4754c4e79fe07.jpg

Left Partition

8f2af941fdc4d13dd7f932f056b5e1ab.jpg

Middle Partition

aa0b5c51250a0e2dd90ee3fa58d3d0fb.jpg

Right Partition

a648dd2d70cf1b0bbd51961a39485803.jpg

Very nice shrimp tank there going to love it! I reckon keep the sponges they blend into the background and will be good for shrimp to forage on.

• 2 weeks later...

tank is looking awesome bro!! whats the lil white things near the partitions?

is a sumped system like this noisy?

love the extended spray bar, we want updates!!

i reckon you should fill it with taibees!!

• 8 months later...

Hi all. I thought i would update my 4' tank after almost a year. I had my ups and downs during this period. Sadly i lost all my green hulks :( I think things are finally settling down in my tank now. Anyway i let the photos do the talking. Enjoy :)

Before

8393438848e58aa792c4754c4e79fe07.jpg

After almost a year

20130904_001358.jpg

Before (Left Partition)

8f2af941fdc4d13dd7f932f056b5e1ab.jpg

After almost a year (All TB juvies in this section, finally have enough numbers to go for pure line)

20130904_000715.jpg

Photo of some of the TB juvies

20130830_201730.jpg

Before (Middle Partition)

aa0b5c51250a0e2dd90ee3fa58d3d0fb.jpg

After almost a year (F3 mishling juvies)

20130904_001146.jpg

Before (Right Partition)

a648dd2d70cf1b0bbd51961a39485803.jpg

After almost a year (About 10 F2 mishling females with one KK and one panda male)

20130904_001215.jpg

Looks awesome dude, I hope my rack looks that good after twelve months. Glad to see your stocks are getting back up, thanks for sharing! :victorious:

WHAAAAAT? NO! not the green hulks! Sorry to hear mate, now you can pester BB for some lol! But the tank is looking great and you have some mighty fine looking shrimp there.

I know what you mean by ups and downs, there was a time when (and I crap you not) I would get a berried tb but then one would drop dead within next couple days, this happened sooo many times that I started to believe that a higher being didn't want my shrimp numbers increasing, always up and then down. Then it finally settled and had around 100 shrimplets but then of course a bacterial outbreak wiped out my whole tb tank, almost gave the hobby up but the addiction is strong so I tore that tank down, thoroughly steralised it and doing well now (fingers crossed) with many berried and shrimplets!

Hope it all goes well for us hey?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys and girls. I love this type of setup. Might change the 2.5' tiger tank to another 4'x18"x"18 divided into 3 or 4 sections setup.

WHAAAAAT? NO! not the green hulks! Sorry to hear mate, now you can pester BB for some lol! But the tank is looking great and you have some mighty fine looking shrimp there. I know what you mean by ups and downs, there was a time when (and I crap you not) I would get a berried tb but then one would drop dead within next couple days, this happened sooo many times that I started to believe that a higher being didn't want my shrimp numbers increasing, always up and then down. Then it finally settled and had around 100 shrimplets but then of course a bacterial outbreak wiped out my whole tb tank, almost gave the hobby up but the addiction is strong so I tore that tank down, thoroughly steralised it and doing well now (fingers crossed) with many berried and shrimplets! Hope it all goes well for us hey?
Sorry to hear about your troubles Chi. Great to hear that its all ok now. I think the shrimp gods were angry with us before lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...