SKF welcomes Baccus to our community

skfadmin

Hello Baccus,

Welcome to Shrimp Keepers Forum.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

regards,
skfadmin

Thanks for the welcome, some members may know my name from AquariumLife forum, so not really new to the whole fish and shrimp keeping arena, just new to this forum. :5565bf0371061_D:

• HOF Member

Hi Baccus but surely you were on here too! :welcome-back-smiley-emoticon: Or did I get that wrong- can't be 2 Baccus from Gracemere! How are your shrimp going. Miss seeing your threads. 

I would think it is the same Baccus from Gracemere Ineke, unless there is another Baccus roaming through various forums LOL.

The shrimp are going pretty well actually Bob, not sure if I still have any Barney Springs Shrimp left tho, and zebras and I seem destined to not be compatible. But riffles seem to like my tanks and of course cherry shrimp never disapoint. The birds too are doing well, in fact my little red star males have been grabbing grass and dancing and singing all day, so cool obviously doesnt bother them.

As for my fish stocks well the common BN's near cease to provide me with yet more fry, endlers should be called Endless and my spotted blue eyes along with my peppered corys keep producing enough fry to keep their populations stable.

Oh and just to show off....one of my Northern Chameleon shrimp.

P1080472%202_zpstt7jdgs2.jpg

• Like 3

Well done Girl, good to see you back

The shrimp looks good and the Blood finches are nesting up here to and they are about to start the cane cut, so lots of nests through the cane cutter.

Where we got the Riffles, they have not come back there yet as it has been to dry for to long, raining now but not heavy

Bob

Bev has been complaining about the rain, I keep saying send it my way, but not as bosses rain. The little riffles I got all male or juvi males dont seem to have grown??? They have just stayed small. Its that or somehow the babies have been surviving and I keep just finding the latest youngens. I do have some huge females that I got online.

My other weird shrimp that Bev sent me from Cairns is still going strong, she leaves the fish alone, maybe because she only have tiny nippers on long spindly arms. BUT the weird thing is I noticed last night she is berried again. The only other shrimp in the tank is a DAS and about 1/2 the size of this big mystery shrimp. So maybe the shrimp is just carrying unfertilised eggs underneath her, although I have no idea why she would.

My chameleons and Blackmores are breeding up a storm, and seem to get along well with the spotted blue eyes. I ended up putting my remaining Barney Springs shrimp in with the Blackmores and Chameleons. Now I keep seeing the odd shrimp that doesnt look like either shrimp so could be Barney Springs shrimp still kicking along. I would like to get up to Cairns again and go fish and shrimp hunting again, but for now Im content checking my local regions creeks.

Another Chameleon

P1080311%202_zpseveg5rry.jpg

And a riffle

P1080324%202_zpslaovibdu.jpg

Yep Bosses rain and not heavy, not enough to make the creek run enough to do any thing.

Yell went you are up again to and we will head out

I am waiting for good rain to get some Morays and trial them as mine wont come into condition??

Bob