colour change

revolutionhope

i just arrived home after 4 days away and my neos haven't been fed for 6 days. i usually feed every 2 or 3 days at most and they always swarm their dinner whether it is crack, algae wafers, crab cuisine or home-cooked. colour intensity has improved a LOT while I've been gone. can anyone suggest why? would love to know so i can try to keep them looking this good !!! it seems that the worst looking ones have had the biggest improvement. ie some of tthe blue shrimp were noticably greyish/greenish before and now those "culls" are a nice blue. is it because they are eating naturally this whole time? could they just be healthier because they were overeating before? or is it a combination of factors or even something else i haven't thought of? the only other variable i can think of is that they have had only sunlight through the northfacing windows and no artificial light. looking forward to any input as i am tempted to feed less often now as a result but not quite confident without some skf guidance lol :-) love n peace will

My guess would be that the lack of feeding has improved water parameters, so the shrimp look better. Might be a sign that you overfeed 

• Like 1