Dead Berried Shrimp Leaving a Legacy ....

BlueBolts

Found only the shell of a berried female today, totally devoured by her tank mates, but eggs still intact and ALIVE..... expecting shrimplets within 48 hours ......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]824[/ATTACH]

post-24-139909857686_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909857689_thumb.jpg

hi BB, looks like a molt, any chance its not a dead shrimp and a full molt with eggs??

i have it happen sometimes in my tanks

There's still a hint of flesh/colour in some parts of the shell, so I don't think it's a full molt..... BUT, I can't be 100% sure......pic from another angle......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]825[/ATTACH]

post-24-139909846492_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about the mother but hopefully you get some awosme little ones from the offspring.

Also looking at the last pic it looks like your macro photography has improved!

Lol.... Haven't had a chance to work only macro..,..using my $5 iPhone macro lens ATM...which I love !

Hm, really does look like a moult to me, not that I'm an expert by any means! Whenever one of my shrimp dies and the others eat it, though, they tear it completely apart. Yours looks pretty much perfect, and I can't imagine how it could still be intact after being fought over by other shrimp.

Fingers crossed, anyway, that it is just a moult and that the babies all survive too! Great photos, by the way. Where did you pick up a $5 iPhone macro lens? o.O