My Endlers

NoGi

• 1 month later...

Not my usual macro quality but I tried to take some underwater photos today. Crazy fish wouldn't stand still.

large.DSCN0141.jpglarge.DSCN0140.jpg

large.IMG_6388.jpglarge.IMG_6395.jpglarge.IMG_6396.jpglarge.IMG_6397.jpgPracticing some more trying to take fish photos, so much harder than shrimp lol

• Like 1

Endlers are hell to get in focus shots of, mine all see me anywhere near their tank and they go into feeding frenzy begging. The one way I have managed to get ok photos of the endlers has been at night after lights out. After a suitable amount of time to allow the fish to think they wont be distrubed until the next day, go back turn the tank light back on and photograph any endlers that happen to be snoozing near the front of the tank. This works well for me because my fish are not inside the house so they dont have the usual house lights shining into their tank, or lots of movement as you do things around your house that the fish can see.

Won't turning lights on startle them? I'm thinking leave lights off and use a low light torch and external flash for fill light to take the shot. Will try that next.

The light doenst seem to startle them, but then the shed light usually comes on first while I make my way over to the tank light switches. My current camera I hate with a passion, since the flash on it seems to only illuminate to one side of the view and not the entire frame. That and the camera not having a macro setting I dont tend to use the cameras flash when photographing my fish or shrimp.

Ok, I tried with the lights off tonight and manual focus. Not quite there but getting close.

large.IMG_6404.jpglarge.IMG_6409.jpglarge.IMG_6415.jpglarge.IMG_6424.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good, because they are still young you should find their colour will improve and intensify as they mature.

I am surprised that the female has colour on her tail, I was under the impression that endler females had no colour much like wild type female guppies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nogi don't feed them for 2/3 days and then hold a piece of algae wafer or something in your fingers (right next to the lens) and then snap away :)

• Like 1