Bucephalandra scape?

lodo

• 5 months later...

Quick update, I'll post a photo later.

Added two new buces today. Catherinae and mini catherinae.

Everything is growing after a new months of neglect.

Also. Wondering what buces people currently have growing, especially since not many seem to be for sale lately. Photos will help me out as some names are not 100%

theres a thread in the plants section that people have spoken about what bucephalanadra they have if you want to check it out :) 

Update of the buce.

Missing from picture is mini catherinae, an some lamundu mini purple.

Have 4 new buce coming next week, being dark skeleton king, cascade king, red chilli, and one other I can't remember.

Tanks almost out of space[emoji14]

94ac5f5a0b23bc09fdfb39cd5baa93d3.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Always nice to run out of space with great plants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Added the new plants and hooked up a proper kegking c02 system. May upgrade the diffuser still though. Hopefully with the ferts, c02 and lighting I get some awesome growth

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Nerites will clean algaes for you, though I don't know how they would do with CO²

That's a nice collection you have

I have received a bunch of Buce yesterday, and i have to fix wether I set a special Buce tank or spread them in my different tanks

Edited by Matuva

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• sdlTBfanUK
      It has been a few weeks now and I have done a couple of large water changes. I tested the water parameters this morning, GH6 and KH2, TDS 140 and PH 7.5. Obviously the PH is off but there isn't anything in the tank that should cause the PH to rise to this figure so I will just run the tank for another month with 10% weekly water changes (probably just with RO water) and see where we are at that point. The RO water tests at PH6, and the KH and GH in the tank could come down as they are at the upper limits for Caridina shrimps! There are only about 10 very small snails in there at this point, but they seem to be doing well enough.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I believe these to be very rare in Australia so you may even consider making it a longer term plan and produce your own by starting with the best CRS you can get as that is where the pure lines started! Depends how patient and interested in the project you are, but would save money as well? If I recall correctly it takes from 8 generations of selective breeding? They sell them at micro aquatic shop but do not ship to Western Australia, but that means they are available in Australia. https://microaquaticshop.com.au/products/pure-red-line-grade-ss-shrimp Good luck and just maybe smeone on here may point you in the right direction or be able to supply you with some.
    • Jimmy
      Hi Guys,  Does anyone know where to buy PRL shrimps in WA, not the CRS please. Thanks Regards  
    • Subtlefly
      Yes it’s super accurate to position where I want now and stay there- I am satisfied.  All the fish and shrimpers are doing excellent! Coming up on 4 years running!
    • sdlTBfanUK
      You must be pleased with that, it looks better and is much more robust and less likely to damage or leaks! The tank looks very natural now it has been running for a time. I see the ember tetras, how are the blue shrimp doing, I see a few? The cat and dog look very content and unimpressed, lol.