PRL - is this really available in australia?

albash

i have noticed some ppl are selling so claimed PRL somewhere else (not in this forum) with a bit premium price. Is this PRL really available in Australia or ppl just assume to be ones if their offspring produce in solid n contrast colour? 

Hope someone can enlighten me about PRL and how to distinguish from those above average RCS?

I believe there are a few people in australia that legitimately keep and breed PRL. I have seen one breeders colony that would match some of the best i seen when i visit singapore. 

The reason that they cost so much is the amount of risk and effort it takes to bring them into australia. High grade Prl can cost between 100 to 500 even in asia still. A breeder i was talking even claimed he has been offered over $1k for some of his competition pieces.

So if they purchase a few high grade pairs and somehow brought them back in australia but were unsuccessful in the first few attempts i could imagine the bill cost end up quite high. So it is kinda of understandable at first the people will pay a premium.

What i dont agree with is when they sell the culls as "low grade" PRL and still ask for a premium price anyway enough ranting.

Below is one pic of a PRL that a got off a member. I was told it is a medium grade prl the other pic is a Crs that i started the hobby with. You can decide if there is a difference. 

20150606_100603-1.thumb.jpg.231ed001e7a920150606_100455-1.thumb.jpg.b64f39f2343d

Unfortunately the pictures dont tell the full story but you should be able to see some differences. In real life you it should be easy to tell a prl to crs. Also wanted to point out Shrimpmaster has a very post in his blog sections that discusses PRL but for some reason I am having trouble opening the link.

After saying all of the above i believe there are breeders here that have kept crs for years and their quality could match the a lot of the "PRL" being sold. 

The best advise i was given was when buying hugh grade shrimp is having to go see them in person and ask 1000 questions. Got for the highest grade you can afford if you try buy culls of high grades you will have to be extremely lucky or will have to send years to get to the none cull level.

I hope i have helped answer your question. 

20150606_100603-1.thumb.jpg.231ed001e7a9

20150606_100455-1.thumb.jpg.b64f39f2343d

Edited by Disciple

Thanks Disciple for explaining that PRL. Is pict 2 a pict for PRL whilst pict 1 is medium grade of CRS?

Yea man. There just a difference in the white and red thats hard to explain but when you see it you can tell.

The way i see it, and this is just a personal opinion, PRL is just the latest buzz word And 98% of the “PRL” available in aus are simply high quality crs. PRL is from what I understand just the crème de la crème of crs, Regardless of pattern, Perfect solid non transparent red, chalky solid white and coloured legs and antennae stalks and of course not throwing any sw/gb, but people talk about them like they’re a different shrimp all together.  I haven’t see any “PRL” with solid leg colour being sold yet. And when people start saying things like CRSxPRL I can only laugh, it’s just a good looking crs *facepalm*

I think if you’re going to buy “PRL” your best bet is to do as disciple has mentioned and see the shrimp in person. I have no doubt that they are in the country, as we have some great breeders ( because after all PRL are just CRS with perfect colour) and some, for lack of a better way to say it,  good smugglers? Lol but as it’s been said true PRL fetch a very high $ in markets where they are available, So to see them being sold in aus for less then what other countries sell this is a good indicator that they are probably just really nice crs.

That’s my 2c and some other threads to give you more of an idea about them, shrimpmaster and shrimpydaddy  would be the best people to explain prl,pbl and jrl, jbl

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3451-do-any-pure-black-lines-or-pure-red-lines-exist-in-australia/#comment-3451

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7991-japanese-red-bee-shrimp-photographs/&page=3#index.php?/topic/7991-japanese-red-bee-shrimp-photographs/&page=1&_suid=143365451580509846992143594179

• Like 2