transferring baby shrimps

giadda

Hi everyone! :)

I'm currently cycling another tank for my shrimpies to transfer to as my current tank has a crack on it (rough-housing accident by my friends).

My question is, I have around 7-8 week-old shrimplets (they were grouped together at one point) that I'm finding hard to check every now and then. I was hoping to transfer them with the adults once my new tank has completed the cycle.

Of course, I'll be making sure to test with my otos first, then some of the hardier looking ones, before my shrimplets.

Does anyone know a way of "trapping the babies" or spotting them from their hideaways so I can transfer them to my new tank once completely cycled?

I don't want to unroot the plants for fear of releasing gases on the tank.

Any help would be appreciated!

without removing everything patience will be key and just slowly remove with net

I second OzShrimp & Fishmosy : patience & food

You can try to put some food inside a small jug, they might come inside...

• Like 1

without removing everything patience will be key and just slowly remove with net

​*gulp* oh dear, i'm not the most patient, lol..

thanks oz. will try and lower the water level to at least 50% as well, so hopefully it'll be easier to catch them.

Might be possible to tempt them out of the plants with some food.

​ooooh, cool! will try that too. have seen them get at the algae wafers i put in my feeder dish.

I have often wondered this too, especially when you are trimming overgrown moss. 

​too true.. thanks for the up!

I second OzShrimp & Fishmosy : patience & food

You can try to put some food inside a small jug, they might come inside...

​oh cool. i've seen some of those shrimp traps, though i heard some could suffocate there.. might try this one too.

You need to get one of these guys. Clip on side of tank, fill with food, wait for shrimp 54b7eaa41a111e78cd6a632a016c4cd0.jpg

• Like 3