What the f.... !?

Matuva

I have 6 yellow neon females with 1 male. More than a month ago, all females were berried, but I'm yet expecting to see a single shrimplet...:huh-:

Now, 4 of them are berried again. One have lost most of her eggs but 2, and another just molted with the eggs still on the shell . What makes me sad is that I can see the black eyes of shrimplets in the eggs. :blank-stare:

I have left the shell and the eggs in the tank. May be they are mature enough to hatch?

What the hell is happening to these females? They are in a shared tank. In the other comprtment, there are blue pearls, and they are breeding like rabbits. 

Edited by Matuva

A picture of the disaster, the molt with the eggs on it. Sorry it is not a good quality, but my phone has some problems to focus on macro...

I checked this noon. Eggs are still clear, and I can easely see the eyes of the shrimplets inside...

Fastone.thumb.png.a50db0b568070c232fba6e

Fastone.thumb.png.a50db0b568070c232fba6e

Edited by Matuva

• HOF Member

They may survive but you should try to dislodge them from the molt and either use an egg tumbler or try putting them in a very fine net near the bubbles from a filter so they have moving water around them- this will help keep fungus off them. Many people successfully hatch the eggs this way

• Like 1

Thanks garry & Ineke, I will try that.

Was afraid to move the eggs from the molt and do something wrong.