Please cast your vote on my lighting

Eshrimp

:confused:We are not sure what to due here so tell us what you all think. Choices are Vertex illumilux LEDs x2 Vs Glo twin T5's. I think the Vertex spectrum looks more natural but less bright and the Glo's are much brighter but much whiter as well :/

k

DDA7FEE6-D35D-4FC1-A5E9-FF3424FBE71A-33572-0000093B863FBD60.jpgD5180C11-1FF4-4341-BDD2-46EF34E7F221-40923-00000B3E16EB5FE8.jpg

Tnk looks amazing ;) I like the second lighting better.

Once those mosses grow bushy also the light will be dimmed on the bottom of the tank too

Creating shadows

I'm gonna go against the trend and go with #1.

I think the lighting looks a little easier to the eye and less intense. I just think it has a more relaxing look to it where as the second is too bright for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the second pic with the Glo twin T5's looks sharper & clearer than the Vertex illumilux LEDs...By the way nice set-up...CJ

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna go #1, the colour looks more natural compared to #2 :encouragement:

I would choose the first one. The second one is too yellow. Can't go wrong growing plants with t5 but they do need to be replace every year to a avoid an algae boom.

I'm gonna go against the trend and go with #1.

I think the lighting looks a little easier to the eye and less intense. I just think it has a more relaxing look to it where as the second is too bright for me.

I would agree with this and say #1

My vote is no 1, purely because LED lights last longer and are cheaper to run AND don't heat up the water as much. That = 3 x plus. Do the same for the other lights now, score them?

My vote is no 1' date=' purely because LED lights last longer and are cheaper to run AND don't heat up the water as much. That = 3 x plus. Do the same for the other lights now, score them?[/quote']

Pic 1 is T5 light

there is not a great deal of difference when you look real close, i mean you would benefit more from #2 in terms of energy useage and what not and it also looks nicer on the tank