How many shrimps and male female ratio per breeding box

HexaD

I just bought a 10wx15h breeding box and wanted to put a few of my best SSS together. Is there a certain amount I can put in before they stress out and is there a particular male to female ratio?

I'm far from a pro breeder, and I have 0 shrimp currently as I lost my cherries... However, if it was my decision, I'd put my BEST male in with a few saddled ladies...

was just speaking with a reputable breeder the other day, he puts 1 male to 6-8 female's.

was just speaking with a reputable breeder the other day' date=' he puts 1 male to 6-8 female's.[/quote']

A breeder mate told me that you can't put one male with too many females as it might die of exhaustion lol I'll give 2-3 a go, hopefully will have some good results!

i would only put 3 girls to one boy as i have had males die from over sexing with to many females.

this also depends a lot on when they molt? if they all molt around the same time then you have a dead male very fast

but if they molt a few days apart then you can easily increase the number of girls to boy.