Shrimp availability (Perth)

fishnoob23

Hi SKF, what coloured cherry shrimp are available in perth? And how much would they go for?

CRS Question: does anyone in perth keep them without using a chiller?

I need to get back into shrimp keeping ?

Thanks

Joe

• Like 1

G'day joe,

I know you can get reds, red rili, yellows, blue velvets, snowballs, carbon, carbon rilis and browns. High grade red, yellows, snowballs are going for around $10. Red rili ard $5. Not sure about carbon or snowball never asked. Not sure about sunkist or greens availability either but I am sure someone might have them.

I tried keeping crs without chillers it was ok until are November, December then they started to die when my tank temperature hit 27+ So I got a chiller. I had a 2 footer but maybe with a bigger tank and some fans you could get away with it.

I am going to do a big cull if my rili in a few weeks you can take some if you want.

Thanks for the info mate. Im going to be overseas until november so i will probably be starting a tank in January. I got nothing to do so im just planning what equipment and shrimp that i will be buying. Maybe ill pm you next year to see if you are selling any [emoji1]

Thanks again

Joe

Yeah no worries.

Yeah always good to plan everything before you do start the shrimp tank. I would recommend getting a chiller. Just keeping stable water temperature helps a lot. Yea pm I'll try help you out.

Edited by Disciple

• 3 months later...

yeah I would recommend a chiller especially if you want some of the more fancy type of shrimp.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I would recommend a chiller especially if you want some of the more fancy type of shrimp.

what chiller so you run @Diciple?

what chiller so you run @Diciple?

I use a hailea 150a for both my set ups.

• 5 years later...

Hi 

Like to start out with Cherry shrimps (carbon rilis and bloody mary/ fire reds). Are there anyone in Perth able to point me in the right direction.

Also looking for different types of mosses, US Fisseden and mini pelllia.

Thanks

CJD  

• Like 2

I don't  know where these people are based, other than Australia, but you may find it usefel even if just for reference?

https://abquatics.shop/collections/shrimps

Mixing colours of neocaridina will speed up the reversion to wild type boring brown shrimps, are you aware of this? The best and easiest safe route to mix different colours would be to mix Tangerine Tiger (orange) shrimp with one neocaridina colour. The Tangerine Tiger shrimp are as easy to keep as cherry shrimp!

Hopefully someone from Perth may help you further. 

Simon

Thanks Simon...

Unfortunately they don't post to NT, TAS & WA.?

Hopefully a local private breeder/seller here in Perth WA might be available.

Will keep them in seperate tanks if able to procure them.

Edited by Neo-shrimp
  • Like 1

Have you looked on gumtree? Believe it or not they have a fish section that is usually full of hobbyists and breeders. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...