Koi

NoGi

Pitty we can not have them in QLD as they are lovely fish, OH well

Nice photos Nogi

Bob

I would love some of these amazingly graceful fish! But not allowed in VIC either!! [emoji22]

But the following were an amazing school we saw in Phuket last year! Stunning.

fa0ee634fc6c9e0248d518836916f1be.jpg

• Like 2

I have seen some kois in Vic. Some folks told me it is illegal of selling kois but still legal of keeping in Vic. Cant be sure though.

Yes, they're legal in WA, lots of koi breeders here, with one of the best breeders in Australia a SKF member and the setup is astounding and quality incredible !

They had them in sea water with salt water fish. I hadn't realised that they were fine in salt water. Always assumed that they were fresh water only.

I have always wanted a koi, saw them at a fish shop once they were just swimming in a large running sump.

I will have to settle for the two on my back for the next 15 years i think 

Edited by OzShrimp

• 3 months later...

When ever your ready Oz happy to help you design it and recommend pumps and filtration requirements for you. Can even point you in the right direction for some quality Koi.

• Like 1

My pond would consist of a hole in the ground and glad wrap to hold the water in lol 

You can have them OZ you lucky SOD, how ever I have seen some great looking ponds here in Cairns full of Koi, one of the local shops got busted selling them

Bob

Edited by northboy

• 10 months later...

Love koi as with others unable to have them in Vic so settled for goldfish in the pond.