Shrimp Rack for a new ADDICT!

TwistedFishy

Hi all shrimp freaks, I have been convinced by Disciple to start a shrimp rack build journal.....so, here goes!!!

I was an 'ol salty for a few years, but money put the mockers on that...after a hiatus I decided to resurrect my old 900mm cube and turn it into a planted tank......I love moss, so I decided to begin some propagation of a few types, whilst on my search for moss, I came across shrimp...BANG!!!!!!......I was hooked, dunno why, just am.....I bought a small tank with some Rillis of Gumtree, now its on for young and old....so, my thinking....

Basic design:

• 3 tiers of 900mm x 450 x 350 tanks with 2 Divs - a total of 9 tanks.....well!!!.... more is good right???
  • housed on a shelf rack I built for a clients shop some years ago..!!!
  • A sump with matrix, noodles and some filter mat.
  • each breed bay will have a sponge filter which I have modified to turn some K1 style media(H1 or something, from Aquotix).
  • lighting - not sure, probably some 5w cool white flood lights!!

I am pretty handy, being a trade,  but do have some heavy financial constraints from the 'social secretary' so, I'm having to experiment alternative products, buying overseas and eBay, so let me know where you find the margins please boys.......

I would welcome some feed back, so, let me know your thoughts on the set up 

The Twisted Fishy....

Sounds like you are going to end up with a nice rack.

Yeah ppl here really enjoy the shrimp journals and I thought it would be a good way for you to introduce yourself since you are quite new. Plus its always nice to see new WA members.

Welcome and as buck says we need more pics!!

Thx guys,

I will update at the weekend with some pics of the fish room and rack so far.....

I have some q' regarding lighting, I would like to hear what you think I should use....my thinking was along the lines of 6-10w dimmable led, cool white in colour...

• 9 months later...