Cherry shrimp are tough!

Disciple

This morning I was just having a quick look at my cycling tank as the water was looking quite clear then I noticed something moving. It was a small Red rili shrimplet which has survive since Saturday. I was quite amazing, I was doing a water change on my other tank it must have hitched a ride. Unfortunately I was not able to catch it as I had to go to work. Just wondering if it would be safe to put it back into my other tank or is there a risk he could bring something back from the cycling tank that might harm the shrimps in the current tank?

haha they are way tougher then we give them credit for! I can’t see why you shouldn’t be able to put him into the other tank if he survived one surprise change I’m sure another won’t hurt, that or you can keep in in there as the cannery? As for carrying anything, the tanks just cycling I should be clean and disease free shouldn’t it?

• HOF Member

I have had shrimplets survive in the tiny bit of water left at the bottom of a tank for more than a week. They are amazingly tougher than we think yet given the perfect conditions we think they need you lose them!

• Like 2

I would put it back there will be no issues, I to have had all sorts of shrimp survive weeks in drops of water and some out of water, I guess so long as there gills are wet.

How ever they don't survive in krap water

Bob

haha they are way tougher then we give them credit for! I can’t see why you shouldn’t be able to put him into the other tank if he survived one surprise change I’m sure another won’t hurt, that or you can keep in in there as the cannery? As for carrying anything, the tanks just cycling I should be clean and disease free shouldn’t it?

Thanks Buck,

Yeah I dont what I was thinking. I thought something along the lines of bringing back the shrimp that's been in high ammonia water might be a bad idea but as you said it would be minimal. They seem to been doing ok lol Found another three.

I would put it back there will be no issues, I to have had all sorts of shrimp survive weeks in drops of water and some out of water, I guess so long as there gills are wet.

How ever they don't survive in krap water

Bob

Thanks Bob

I have had shrimplets survive in the tiny bit of water left at the bottom of a tank for more than a week. They are amazingly tougher than we think yet given the perfect conditions we think they need you lose them!

Yeah crazy how it goes sometimes. There are even a few molted skins in the tank lol

• Like 1