Aquael pumps?

Aquathumb

Anyone have or used and AquaEL pump? or know of there quality and reliability?

I am about to buy a sump pump for my new TB rack and I am considering an Aquael PFN 10,000 (made in Poland) I only need about 3,000-4,000lph but I need to pump it to about 1.8m height which will reduce the flow. The Aquael has a cool feature of being able to reduce flow by reducing the electricity, rather then just restricting flow like other pumps. So for instance I can reduce it to 50 watts and it will give me 5,000lph (i think) which is roughly what I will be needing and if I want to add more tanks to the system I have the option to increase the electricity and lph. It's also a very power efficient pump at 100w for 10,000lph that's slightly better then the Laguna Max-Flo 7,600lph I have on my cherry rack. I am always looking for ways to reduce the power bill as I have a lot of tanks.

So I am seeing a lot of advantages to this pump but it is quite expensive, $475 and my budget is stretched to the limit (ill have to put off buying the actual shrimp for the system for quite a while).

I'm really looking for a very reliable pump with top end energy efficiency. So I am trying to find some info on these or anything in the Aquael range to gauge the general quality of this brand.

Any input would be helpful or recommendations on other options/pumps.

Thank you SKFers!
Edited by Aquathumb

i am running a 3500 and 2 x 5500 aquael pumps and i am very happy with them, very reliable and energy efficient

Not a pump but I'm using Aquael wavemakers and find them very good.  Exceptionally quiet and electrically efficient.

Petfish: Great that's just what I wanted to hear!

Inverted: No idea, lol. It says on the box "RC flow regulation" RC meaning remote control and flow regulation doesn't tell much.

Grubs: Good that's reassuring, thank you.

Not a pump but I'm using Aquael wavemakers and find them very good.  Exceptionally quiet and electrically efficient.

i also am using the 2600 wavemakers x 6 and they havn't missed a beat,

Do they work on a circuit with a breaker?

all power is provided to us via a circuit breaker or a fuse which is located in the meter box of a residence, so yes they do, they are controlled by a voltage regulator which allows you to adjust the flow of water via lowering or increasing the voltage to the pump/motor 

all power is provided to us via a circuit breaker or a fuse which is located in the meter box of a residence, so yes they do, they are controlled by a voltage regulator which allows you to adjust the flow of water via lowering or increasing the voltage to the pump/motor

Saying voltage regulator just makes me think of this from work. post-893-14263787821298_thumb.jpeg

I'd be a bit worried if that was the vr built in

i have not had or used the controlable pump we are talking about, however i have sold them to a number of people and have had 100% posative feed back from them, they all love the fact that they are electronicly flow/current adjustable.

The only reason I asked is because I have seen a Vfd pump trip out a 10 amp breaker .....not fuses!

Because they drop the voltage and earth out.

That however was a much larger pump and In hindsight I'm pretty sure a small pump wouldn't do this.

Vfd's pumps are great and are super efficient. The cost of the initial purchase would be paid back very quickly.

I have installed lots of them. And I think they are an excellent investment.

• Like 1