I'm a hopeless case

ineke

• HOF Member

So I thought I have too many shrimp and it really is time to take a look at the direction I'm going in.

I have my CRS tank which is full to overflowing with babies, adults and lots of berried mamas. This tank has been taken in hand and I have a regular outlet for any excess so that is problem 1 solved.

My pure CBS tank has a similar problem but I also have someone that is taking some juvies so that tank will be ok in a couple of weeks.

My CBS mix tanks are a mixture of mischlings , CBS and a few   Tibees including fancy and marbled so all though the babies are really nice they are really not one thing or another and as I lost my Panda boy I need to buy another one or else my F9 Mischlings wil be wasted. I have taken out any really low grade ones and any that have Tibee markings but not really what I'm wanting to use. So those 2 tanks are Ok again waiting for a TB boy.

Then I have a Red Tibee tank with some marbled ,some pinto type and some CRS plus a couple of Snow whites -the whites are to increase the marbling hopefully. I have 2 Red TB boys coming- Thank you Newbreed - that I will put with the best females and then cull any that I know are boys or whose markings are too much like CRS.

I have a lovely tank full of Golden/White  mischlings- the adults are F8  with Bluebolt background- they have given me some very nice Bluebolt TBMM babies-only 3 but as they were  from F8 to F8 I'm very pleased to have gotten anything at all resembling a TB -I might put these babies to my remaining Mischlings so I don't completely loose my line.

Then the Tibees- I have blue tibees, blonde tibees , blue marble tibees and fancy tibees, some look very much like pure tigers both blonde and blue -all about F4 and showing lots of promise. I have taken a lot of babies out that aren't showing any nice patterns and still have a lot left over so will cull all the plain boys as they get old enough to sex.

So I have a bit of an idea where I'm going and have only to keep taking out boys I don't like and any very plain or low grade ones. Trouble is what to do with all my "mongrels' as BB calls them. As I still have tank room I will let them breed a few times incase anything interesting pops up and then take the boys out so no more breeding. I might offer some to members but not really sure if any one would be interested in 'Mongrels" that don't show much pattern. Mind you it's the mongrels from BB that have given me my marbled and fancy tibees so you never know what you will get..

But I setup a tank especially to put any shrimp I was happy to let go into and guess what -ITS STILL EMPTY! Might as well put my Bettas back in there and try breeding again!!!!! All I've done is shuffle them around to make the tanks less crowded :growl:

Haha!! Sometimes you need to shuffle to get a better idea of your goals, sounds like you have a good focus now!!

I am sure your Mongrels will be welcomed by some newer members to help them get started.

Get those betta breeding. Enjoy the free tank while you have it! Lol

• HOF Member

Yes they are being conditioned now. Their tanks won't become shrimp tanks after this effort.

• HOF Member

Hi Mark49 I'm generally very cautious about inviting people to my house - Funny enough I met up with someone today from Adelaide and we arranged to meet at a local Aquarium shop. It is a shame that we tend to have small pockets of people in Adelaide with no way of meeting and getting together. We need a show day or meet and greet day somewhere with our shrimp and fish friends.  :thumbsu:

Hi Mark49 I'm generally very cautious about inviting people to my house - Funny enough I met up with someone today from Adelaide and we arranged to meet at a local Aquarium shop. It is a shame that we tend to have small pockets of people in Adelaide with no way of meeting and getting together. We need a show day or meet and greet day somewhere with our shrimp and fish friends.  :thumbsu:

And rightly so.....the worlds full of freaks ;)

Of course anyone who's madly obsessed with tiny beautiful shrimp has to be completely normal.lol

• Like 1

• HOF Member

I had a nasty experience on a SA forum recently and got some pm's as well and it has worried me about meeting people to exchange shrimp etc. there are some very nasty people out there. Trouble is there are some really nice people too but you don't know until you meet them !

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Ineke, unfortunately it does'nt matter where you come from there is always one to spoil it for everyone else.

Fortunately SKF has some really great people to make up for these A----les.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Ineke, unfortunately it does'nt matter where you come from there is always one to spoil it for everyone else.

Fortunately SKF has some really great people to make up for these A----les.

We got our own weirdos to lol

• HOF Member

LOL I thought you may have been hinting I was weird or even Squiggs

Lol. Oz you have created the intrigue now!

Inekes kind offer to share some of her wonderful shrimp unfortunately brought out some 'interesting' comments from one particular character with a massive chip on his shoulder! Definitely not someone you would want any association with, let alone invite over to gaze across your shrimp tanks. Such a shame her good intentions were tarnished by this!

But I can highly recommend having a shrimp club / meet up day, it has become a great place for us Victorians to meet other shrimp folk on a regular basis. Good to see many regular attendees but also meet new faces each time too!

• Like 1

LOL I thought you may have been hinting I was weird or even Squiggs

Thats just a known fact lol jk

• Like 1