anyone try seachem stability bactery starter?

salvanost

anyone try seachem stability as bactery starter?

Product Description

Stability® will rapidly and safely establish the aquarium biofilter in freshwater and marine systems, thereby preventing the #1 cause of fish death: "new tank syndrome". Stability® is formulated specifically for the aquarium and contains a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria which facilitate the breakdown of waste organics, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Unlike competing products, the bacteria employed by Stability® are non-sulfur fixing and will not produce toxic hydrogen sulfide. Stability® is completely harmless to all aquatic organisms as well as aquatic plants, thus there is no danger of over use. Stability® is the culmination of nearly a decade of research and development and represents the current state of the art in natural biological management.

Sizes: 50 mL, 100 mL, 250 mL, 500 mL, 2 L, 4 L, 20 L

Why It's Different

The bacteria used in competing products are inherently unstable. The conditions necessary for their growth and development fall into a very narrow range of temperatures, pH, organic loads, etc. When any of these parameters are not strictly within the proper range, the bacterial culture quickly crashes and dies. Stability® does not contain any of the aforementioned bacteria.

The bacteria strains in Stability® have been in development for over a decade. The necessary conditions for growth of our bacterial strains encompass a very broad range. When other bacteria begin to die off (usually from high organic loads caused by the undetected death of an organism), Stability® simply works harder and grows faster! The strains function in fresh or saltwater. Stability® contains both nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria, a blend found in no other product. Additionally, Stability® contains facultative bacterial strains which are able to adapt to either aerobic or anaerobic conditions. The bacteria in Stability® are non-sulfur fixing, another innovation in the industry. Most other bacterial supplements will form toxic hydrogen sulfide under the proper conditions. Stability® will not, ever.

Directions

Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 40 L (10 gallons*) on the first day with a new aquarium. Then use 1 capful for each 80 L (20 gallons*) daily for 7 days. Fish and other aquatic species may be introduced at any time as long as dosage is maintained for 7 days. For optimum biofilter performance use 1 capful for each 40 L (10 gallons*) once a month or with each water change and whenever introducing new fish or whenever medicating an aquarium.

Make your own!

Just going to leave this here...

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/7835-cultivating-instant-beneficial-bacteria/

Sure there might be some preparation time involved. Out of the bottle, this will beat any of those other products mentioned.

Just don't smell it. -> I warned you.

my friend use stability and get this parameter after cycle

ammo 0 nitrit 0 nitrat 0

and quite fast too, only need third times than other products

what about your experience with these products?

does the product truly make the cycle faster?

does the product reduce the nitrate? because the advertisement also say the product contain denitrifying bacteria

this really interesting products, if it's really faster and reduce the nitrate, i will use it to cycle amazonia soil

Edited by salvanost

I've never found stability to work fast on Amazonia aquasoil.

Amazonia will still take weeks to months to cycle without seeding bacteria from another filter.

I use it too, worked for me. :)

What I usually do is use the Bio Nitrivec, and seed the tank with bacteria coming from the filter of a cycled tank (cf jayc says).

That works fine for me, according to water test and experience.

A cycling tank should have increasing Nitrate.

0 nitrate means the tank isn't cycled yet, or there wasn't enough ammonia source to convert to measureable levels nitrates.

A cycled tank will convert to nitrate, when there is an ammonia source.

You won't get nitrate reducing bacteria from a bottle.

If we could, all our aqarium problems will be solved.

Edited by jayc

What they recommend is to change  water around 10~15% each week, with a dose of BioNitrivec each change. Doing so, I have success having Nitrate (NO2) and Nitrite (NO3) to zero or close. I believe adding bacterias from the filter of a cycled tank helps too.

Dont count on bactery starter only, perform water changes.

That being said, I have never introduced breeded shrimps (RCS, CRS...) in a 1 week old tank treated that way yet, only fishes. I had good success with my 4 discus in a new tank, with corys, red nose tetra and cardinalis, and native shrimps. All survive and are happy, till several months now.

Edited by Matuva

i got problem with amazonia, already wc 20%/5 days

but i still see problem with high nitrate, it;s above 25 nitrate

i would be glad if there any product could reducing the nitrate

right now i got 4 products with the ads say reducing nitrate

1. mosura denitro (i hate it the most, make the tank smell, and some casuality)

2. benibachi nitrate reducer (but it's expensive)

3. prodibio products, (still unknown result, i don't see positive result, all reading of nitrate from 3 tank still high)

4. bicom 21, got casuality and unknown result, never check the nitrate reading

but it's still weird with my friend cases
it's amazonia soil, soil with high ammonia reading and nitrate reading

after 1 month the ammo become 0, while the nitrate become 0 too

in my amazonia tanks

i got 0 ammo and 25++ nitrate after 2,5 month

BAD NEWS:

my friend told me seachem products could make water tester show false result

i will email seachem later to ask if seachem stability could cause the same issue

Edited by salvanost

I just start a new tank with ADA amazonia. I read a lot about Amazonia and ammoniac problems.
I have a rest of Nutrafin Cycle that I put in Ro/Di water (+ salty shrimp Gh+) I filled the tank. I used the filter I kept with bacteria from last setup.

After 4 days, ammonia=0, nitrates=10.

I experienced slow and late cycle with too much water change. I will do wc as usual on this new setup (10-15% every week) and check for parameters weekly. I will wait 5-6 weeks before introducing some shrimps.
I don't really understand why people advise to do 50-100% water changes often when using Amazonia in a new tank. Just wait until the bacterias make the job and after, try to drop nitrate level. If you change 100% of ammonia charged water, cycle will never start. Sure, don't put any shrimp before the cycle is established.

• 8 months later...

I use Stability in my tanks but I can't honestly see if it does anything at all? all my tanks are cycled and parameters are all in check, I actually cycled my last tank without any bacteria growing products (just used tetra aqua safe for the chlorine and chloramines) and it actually cycled faster than all the other tanks I have cycled before. (this tank is a LOT bigger than all the other tanks I have and I don't know if this will make any difference in doing a fishless cycle in the tank)..