Fan's Japanese BlackBees and RedBees

This is indeed a very uncommon color. Almost looks like it has green soft shades in it. I really like it too.

DSCF2758_zpsqtrjrl1j.jpg

It would be awesome to breed more of them.

I'll try to isolate and breed for more babies similar to her. She recently released her clutch so I should be seeing more babies soon. [emoji4]

Got some few photos for you guys. I have a pair of J.BlackBees that I really like. 

DSCF2951_zpsby5teyfw.jpg

DSCF2948_zps9do3ckw2.jpg

DSCF2987_zpsvkbughkl.jpg

DSCF3006_zpsz9cgmj1s.jpg

DSCF3013_zpstmlg1u8t.jpg

DSCF2941_zpsqaala7fg.jpg

DSCF2965_zpspjvmmily.jpg

DSCF3032_zps49uktfgi.jpg

DSCF3038_zpsxkdb4byu.jpg

I've been having a lot of success breeding my J.Bees so it's almost time to start my selective breeding projects. :jig:

Edited by ShrimpFan
  • Like 4

Always a pleasure seeing such nice photos of awesome shrimp.

: LUST :  Those blue bolts, I think I need to move overseas soon to satisfy my shrimp addiction.

Is that Red Bolt with the WR?

Fantastic! My enjoyment is to take photos that provide enjoyment for others. I just got some new camera equipment in the mail yesterday that I believe will help me take some nicer photos so I cannot wait to find some free time to try it out.

The blue bolts are nice, I agree. They’re definitely more photogenic than my other shrimps. :D

Correct, the last two photos shows my Red TB tank. I usually don’t take photos of shrimps inside this tank because the lighting is always really poor, but my new flash extension arm will allow me to mount the flash in a more ideal spot to take better photos. The Red TB tank is really small, 8gals, and it’s hard to get the flash on the tank. But now that I have the extension arm I can mount the flash and better light the tank for photos. The tank has a few Red Bolts, as you can see. I need to cull these and put them into a dedicated tank and breed for the colors. I would say they are more pinkish than they a are red.

I’m still observing to see if these “red bolts” are actually a new thing or just crappy goldens resulting for years of mixing.

Anyone with more information on red bolts please chime in.

Anyways, I’ll definitely devote more time to taking photos of the Red TB now that I have the proper equipment, so stay tuned!

• Like 1

I'm still getting the hang of taking photos of shrimps inside such a small tank. Here's 3 of the best from the Red TB Tank.

DSCF3043_zpsyikblcfv.jpg

DSCF3070_zpsbaz9xzbj.jpg

DSCF3051_zpsegzr8zlo.jpg

I think my best bet of being able to take good photos would be when I take down the canisters during one of my cleaning sessions. Currently there's too much tank equipment cluttering space I need for camera equipment.  :unhappy:

Edited by ShrimpFan

This is another reason why I go for sump filtration. :D

Are these photos taken with single or dual flash?

Edited by Shrimpy Daddy

Photos of the Red Taiwan Bee are taken with a single flash. Due to the size and position of the tank, I cannot mount two flashes for my photo. Before I bought the flash arm extension, I was taking photos of shrimps inside this 8gal without flash. It wasn't fun so that's why I rarely did it.

Going forward all racks will be setup with a sump. No more expensive canisters and multiple electricity plugs.

For small tank, mount the dual flash at the front glass. The angle of incident towards the water surface should be more direct into the water. When it is more direct, you will have to lower the flash power. ;)

Forgot to mention this. You need to position your diffuser right at the tank edge and not deep in like shooting from the side. You need to adjust your manfrotto clamp to face as down as possible and leverage your new flexible clamp to position the flash.

I'll give the front mounting flash idea a try tonight. The 8gal is pretty small and there's my light taking up space but I'll see how Ill squeeze it in. Thanks for the advice.

No worries, mate.

My Sulawesi tank (actually I converted into Tiger and experiment tank) has no space on the side. They are full of filter piping, dosing tube, level sensor, and so on... Hence, I mount one flash on the side glass and the other on the front tank glass on the other end.

The key things are:

• Always have flash coming from the front so that it will reflect on subject and bounce back to your camera.
  • Each flash coming from different side of the tank to create an even lighting, and the highlight and shadow will not look harsh.
  • Like 2

Tried to mount the dual flash like you recommended. Results... 

DSCF3121-C_zpsgp8aeisy.jpg

DSCF3125-C_zpsrjvibv6l.jpg

DSCF3111-C_zps8bqqjlfp.jpg

...Still need A LOT more more practice taking photos of shrimps in such a small tank but the advice has really helped. Now I just need to do a better job at spreading the Sinewy Cereal evenly as to now create a dense swarm of shrimps.  

Edited by ShrimpFan
  • Like 2

Are those white sparkles The SInewy Cereal S splashing everywhere?

So... do you prefers one or two flash(es)?

Are those white sparkles The SInewy Cereal S splashing everywhere?

So... do you prefers one or two flash(es)?

Correct. What you are seeing is the sparkles of Sinewy Cereal S splashing everywhere as the shrimp frantically grabbed at the food. I do like the dual flashes more but I hate working on mounting it up and positioning it on the small glass tank. It's always so scary for me. I need to get more used to the settings of the flashes and get accustomed to what the settings for the tank is when using dual flashes. 

Edited by ShrimpFan

As long as you rest your flash on the clip, it should be fine. 

My flash went "swimming" once, not sure you remember. If that happens, quickly remove all the battery and shake out all the water. Flip the flash straight, pull out the diffuser and let the camera dry by placing it standing up with the hotshoe connector face up. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wow!!! Your photos are amazing and your shrimp are absolutely stunning!!

Thanks, mate. I’ve been a little too involved in gaming (MH4U for any hunters out there, hit me up) so my tanks and shrimping has lagged and been a little neglected. JRB and JBB are happily breeding and the colony is growing but my lack of time is showing with the absence of updates. I did spend some time a few weeks back and got some nice photos. I’ll post and share with SFK sometime thing weekend. Overall, JRB and JBB have been doing extremely well even with this scorching California heat. Luckily I bought a fan last summer. It’s been working overtime cooling my Japanese Bee tanks, probably would have a lot of bad time without it. Anywhoses, hit me up on MH if you hunt, stay tuned for more shrimpy updates!

• Like 1

Well enjoy your gaming.

I do enjoy seeing your shrimps so dont wait too long before you give us your updates.

Do you play anything else?

Had a minor technical difficulty but below are new photos for your enjoyment. 

DSCF3253.jpg

DSCF3265.jpg

DSCF3269.jpg

DSCF3271.jpg

DSCF3289.jpg

DSCF3293.jpg

DSCF3301.jpg

DSCF3304.jpg

DSCF3311.jpg

Also, pardon my photos. I'm a bit rusty. There's going to be a slight learning curve as I slowly get back into taking photos.

On a positive note, my JRB colony is slowly catching up to my JBB colony. 

Edited by ShrimpFan
  • Like 2

Give it a try now. I was doing html and i must have forgotten how to do it correctly. Decided to just upload to the forum's server.

Yup, it's good now. Georgia's shrimp. They seem to look much better than the F0 and F1

Yup, it's good now. Georgia's shrimp. They seem to look much better than the F0 and F1

Yes, they are looking much better. I think it had something to do with the original batch of babies having been conceived with a less than desirable male. I immediately culled the newborns and let me chosen male do the work. He did an amazing job.

Had a minor technical difficulty but below are new photos for your enjoyment. 

Also, pardon my photos. I'm a bit rusty. There's going to be a slight learning curve as I slowly get back into taking photos.

On a positive note, my JRB colony is slowly catching up to my JBB colony. 

Thanks ShrimpFan,

Those legs are Sexy. Holy Moly you have great shrimp.

• Like 1