the shawshrimp rackdemption

buck

6x D oxidators to add to the rack arrived this week, big thanks to newbreed aquatics! 

If only i could see in to the tanks! Damn this humidity! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That would be frustrating lol

Oxydators are great too. Hopefully you see a benefit 

4 hours ago, Disciple said:

That would be frustrating lol

Oxydators are great too. Hopefully you see a benefit 

hopefully i see some benefits in the tiger and blue bolt tanks, there the ones with lower survival rates, the crs tank is still exploding, i moved some moss around to try and get some more light on the brownie ghosts and it was full of tiny little crs haha.

i added a nice mbb male in to there tank and as i find the standard / sh it male bb's i'm culling them to the bro tank. so fingers crossed the mbb gets jiggy with the girls and the new blood helps with there survival rates! 

any day now i expect the Bloody Mary gal to drop her first baby's!  The rest of the girls are saddled up and look to be in great condition so they should berry up when they molt. I'm curious to see there survival rates compared to the tigers in the same tank. 

Added some more cholla wood today, along with some oxydators (thanks to newbreed aquatics) 

got some new moss! Camaroon and quill willow! Very exited to get them growing!  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Added some more cholla wood today, along with some oxydators (thanks to newbreed aquatics) 

got some new moss! Camaroon and quill willow! Very exited to get them growing!  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow that video is awesome man.

The mosses look very nice too

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just an update and a few pics :) im testing using some suction cups on chola wood to move more moss/ ferns off the ground seems to be working atm. 

I found a bunch of the native fern that i won at one of the auctions hiding down the back of one of my tanks so i tide it up, ive really started to like mini ferns and I've rediscovered my love of moss ^.^

• Like 1

Mini fern? Is that like mini bolbitis? Looking really good, the suction cup hangers look really cool!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxpuppet said:

Mini fern? Is that like mini bolbitis? Looking really good, the suction cup hangers look really cool!

Yeah that's exactly what it is :) it was from fishmosy, such a cool little plant 

Very nice. I still think you have more space on the rack to add more tanks! Haha. :crazy:

Moss are so confusing and some are so difficult to ID. I received some christmas moss a few months ago and it is growing very differently to the christmas moss I already own. Now I don't know which is the real christmas moss. :(

I recently got some anchor, pearl, rose and willow moss compliments from a good bloke. If I grow them successfully, would you like to trade for some cameroon moss? What is quill willow btw?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jc12 said:

Very nice. I still think you have more space on the rack to add more tanks! Haha. :crazy:

Moss are so confusing and some are so difficult to ID. I received some christmas moss a few months ago and it is growing very differently to the christmas moss I already own. Now I don't know which is the real christmas moss. :(

I recently got some anchor, pearl, rose and willow moss compliments from a good bloke. If I grow them successfully, would you like to trade for some cameroon moss? What is quill willow btw?

There is more room, if only i had the money! Id definitely be keen to trade some when i get it going :) 

maybe ones mini christmas moss? 

• 2 weeks later...

Couldnt help my self and got a little Crepidomanes Auricularum of ebay to add to my fern collection . The crs like it already 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 berried bb and hopefully the proud father mbb in the middle! 

Oebt and bloodymary babys playing in the peacock moss 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@buck Your CRS population is massive now!

It so awesome when you get to this stage.

The CRS colony looks amazing!!???

As the others have said your CRS colony is going awesome! Hows the rest of the rack going?

• 4 weeks later...
On 19 March 2016 at 6:01 AM, buck said:

image.jpeg

how many did you start off with in this one?

On 4/15/2016 at 6:53 PM, Foxpuppet said:

how many did you start off with in this one?

i forget, i thin k it was 20-30ish i got blood lines from a couple of people.

i really need to clean the glass so i can take some pics.  

Looking good Buck

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That parch of 7/8ths dead moss is "mini american" moss it spend 2 months in a post bag befor it got to me ? Looks like i might be able to save some! 

• Like 1