It's official I am really the crazyshrimplady

ineke

• HOF Member

its hot again here in Adelaide 40degrees and although we have ducted air conditioning it's an evaporative one and doesn't work really well in high heat and humidity. Hubby and I plus the fur babies are down in our bedroom with the aircon and ceiling fan on and reasonably comfortable but next door in the shrimp room it's a cool 24 almost cold even ! If it gets hotter I'm moving into the shrimp room,! They have refrigerated air conditioning- something not quite right here!

The CRS tank is not so lucky it's in the lounge but it's 4 computer fans are keeping it between 2-23 so they are working well - being a 200 litre tank probably helps.

Edited by ineke
  • Like 2

Lol

You look after the shrimp better then yourself! True shrimp lover!

• Like 1

• HOF Member

no problem for me- a mattress on the floor and 10 tanks to gaze at -what more could I need???????

Ha ha, my shrimp have refrigerated air con too. The hottest their room ever gets is 24 degrees while I sweat and put up with inside temperatures above 40 some days to save some power. They eat better than me too. 

• Like 1

So you guys think there is a problem, Sorry can see it, so no problem.

You know serious fishos when the car is out side and the garage is full of tanks and that's how it should be.

Dam I am glad we don't have to put up with temps over 35 and with exception of this year over 33 is only 2 or 3 days usualy.

Toughen up Ineke and go live with the fishes or in your case shrimpses

Bob

Edited by northboy
  • Like 2

• HOF Member

I would Bob but I don't think Alan would move in with me and while that's not a big problem the fur babies get upset if we don't sleep in the same room. They spend the night running between the rooms and keeping us awake and DONT Even mention shutting the door - they would go berserk!

And talking about SERIOUS fishos that room was the grandchildrens sleepover room - they don't come to stay now because the shrimp have their room. Great grandmother hey.

Edited by ineke
  • Like 1

ineke what are your fur babies? in your first post I thought you meant to write four babies ! :-)

• HOF Member

Oh goodness no - my fur babies are my two dogs. It's empty nest syndrome the kids leave home and you need something cute to love- hubby isn't cute enough anymore!

• Like 2

hahaha, how did that convo go down...

:phone: "mum can you take the kids for the nigh?"

"no, i turned there room in to a shrimp room :gusta: "

' .....beeep beeep beeeep beeeep...."

Edited by buck
  • Like 1

I had to put my old four legged kid down 9 months ago, she was 16 and I still miss her. The other one got some funny habits, I was copping it for not putting my socks in the wash when I got home from work, turns out he was collecting them and putting them in one of his beds, when Linda picked up the bed to wash it all my socks fell out

We get 3 of the grands every Monday night and I miss them when we dont have them and the 19 year old grand in moving back, so no shrimp rooms in the house Ineke.

So Ineke as Buck said how do you get away with out looking after the Grands, its expected you know and I love it some one to pick on, some how I loose cant work that one out.

• HOF Member

The other grand parents have a pool so we lose out every time with my sons 3 children. My daughter lives a bit far away for any quick over nighters. we have our camping roll outs that we use now in the lounge room and that's much more fun - they can watch TV until they fall asleep.

Our little dogs also have huge personalities too Bob. We have to spell out any food related conversations but I think the big one has learnt to spell! They don't like it when I am in the shrimp room and the big boy hates it when I get my iPad out- he always finds that is the time he needs to sit on my lap, he also comes running if I'm watching you tube on the computer and wants to sit on my lap then too.

The boy is a Pekingese Shihtzu cross and the little girl is a Chihuahua Shihtzu cross - they are de sexed can't be bothered with breeding dogs anymore - I bred Chihuahuas many years ago .

• HOF Member

TiaampTai_zpsd00a5870.jpg

Tai is the boy Tia is the girl she is only a puppy in this picture. I taught myself to clip them as there coats grow so quickly - they only have a bad haircut for a few days then they look ok

Edited by ineke
  • Like 1

Hahaha, I see no problem with the shrimp room being colder than the house, mine is climate controlled at 23deg & my shrimp definitely eat better than I do, lol. :lol:

• Like 1

were in adelaide too and my wife and I moved our bed to the shrimproom last night :-) we've decided to set it up like that til late March when it starts cooling down ;-)

ps very cute dogs u have ineke!

Edited by revolutionhope
  • Like 1

Aint if funny non Fish/ Shrimp weirdos and I stress the weirdos bit, don't under stand that the aquatic critters take precedence of all else

As for dogs they rule the house, restatement LITTLE dogs rule the house as MOST big one are outside, I did say, most fellow doggie lovers LOL

Bob

• HOF Member

Little dogs rule everything - well they think they do and I think they might be right in my house anyway!

Can't understand why anyone wouldn't understand that our shrimp/fish come before us!!! Go figure- maybe we are the weirdos!!!! I like my weirdness!

Ineke we are not the one with the issue, ITS EVERY ONE ELSE LOL.  

Holey krap I think that Cyclone must have formed as it has gotten winy all of a sudden WOW

Bob

• Like 1