GotCrabs Mr Aqua 12g Bookshelf V.2

GotCrabs

Aquarium: Mr Aqua 12g Bookshelf

Filter: Eheim 2213 Canister with API Bio Chem Zorb & Stainless Steel Mesh Guard

Lighting: BeamWorks 90cm LED on HPM Automatic Timer

Heating: Aqua One 150w Glass Heater

Substrate: Fluval Shrimp Stratum 

Flora: Subwassertang, Christmas Moss, Peacock Moss, Mini Needle Leaf Java Fern, Anubias Nana Petite

Fauna: Common Bristlenose, Red Cherry Shrimp, Yellow Cherry Shrimp, Crystal Red Shrimp, Chameleon Shrimp, Darwin Algae Shrimp

Hardscape: Malaysian Driftwood, Clay Caves, Sudo Moss Domes.

Boss Aquaria Mineral Balls, Boss Aquaria Mineral Powder, Boss Aquaria Shrimp Booster, Boss Aquaria Shrimp Crack, Boss Aquaria Shrimp Snow, AquaGreen Dinosaur Pee, AquaGreen Dinosaur Spit.

So here it is, a complete rescape of the tank, more room to see and admire Shrimp and Bristlenose, more water flow all round the tank, a little easier to maintain and take care of.

I purchased some Subwassertang, Christmas Moss and Peacock Moss, spent some time putting it all on to driftwood and clay caves, tied them all down, so now to sit back and watch it all grow and see the Shrimp go nuts over it, added Christmas Moss and Subwassertang to the Sudo Moss Domes, they should eventually turn into a large fluffy/bushy dome in time.

f0c093bc-03df-42a3-89d9-55daeb2206f3_zps

• Like 1

Sooo this is what your 12g looks like now.

Certainly more open areas to view your shrimpies. 

But be warned, give it a couple of months and the moss will grow to a point of obscuring your view.

I'd try suspending those sudo domes mid water.

Or do what I did, and raise the moss (I used mini pellia) by creating "trees" - see the pictures from the recent Moss photo competition. I raised my mini pellia for that very reason. So I can see shrimp below it.

You shouldn't have any troubles seeing your shrimp now lol.

Sooo this is what your 12g looks like now.

Certainly more open areas to view your shrimpies. 

But be warned, give it a couple of months and the moss will grow to a point of obscuring your view.

I'd try suspending those sudo domes mid water.

Or do what I did, and raise the moss (I used mini pellia) by creating "trees" - see the pictures from the recent Moss photo competition. I raised my mini pellia for that very reason. So I can see shrimp below it.

Yeah cleared the tank out last week and sold all plants and driftwood, got the mosses in the mail today so got to work with it all.

Think I'll cram everything together so there is a bunch of moss all sitting amongst each other, should look alright grown in.

You shouldn't have any troubles seeing your shrimp now lol.

Plenty of room to see everything now, I'll actually be able to see and be aware that I have juvi now unlike before when I only found out I had juvi CRS when I pulled everything out, water flow is a lot better also seeing there are no overgrown or large plants in it.

Looks like the start of good things..... Plenty of good grazing areas for the shrimp now! ;)

Yeah I know it's looking very simple and uninteresting like the last set up, just see how it all goes, as I said above I think I might cram everything together to sit amongst each other, shrimp are loving the Peacock Moss pad too, put a piece of Shrimp Crack on there earlier and everyone swarmed over it all, looked cool.

wow that looks awesome with all that variety there all together! I am curious though is there more than one type of cherries there ? I read here on skf that cherries will interbreed regardless of colour and the offspring doesnt look good?

love the way they all look there makes me want to get something other than cherries soooooner :-)

love n peace

will

Yeah they can breed but I'm not looking to sell or really that interested in breeding, just enjoy shrimp at the moment.

I'm try to find a lay out that I'm happy with using these pieces, giving me the shits as I can't come up with anything.

Get some Chameleons, they are cool, or some Crystal Reds, I haven't found them hard to keep at all.

Just an idea, should I scrap the idea of this tank and have 1 piece of driftwood or cave covered in Moss as the main feature, I'm kinda lost at how to set this up, how is this for an idea? 

sounds sweet to me. im going to be doing something similar but with a few smallish rocks ariund here and there with moss on them too. going to be barebottom so I dont have a poo-storm when I move the tank ;-) (happened last time I had to move a goldfish aquarium with gravel to another location!)

• Like 1

sounds sweet to me. im going to be doing something similar but with a few smallish rocks ariund here and there with moss on them too. going to be barebottom so I dont have a poo-storm when I move the tank ;-) (happened last time I had to move a goldfish aquarium with gravel to another location!)

Poo Storm, hahahahaha, that's gold.

Google all moss aquascapes/ images

I've actually just ordered two Pleco caves from The Tech Den, I'm going to cover them with Subwassertang, have the Peacock Moss pad in the centre and a Pleco cave each side covered with Subwassertang, thoughts?

I like it! look forward to seeing it as im thinking about trying the caves/tubes or something similar too

• Like 1

Yeah they aren't dear either through The Tech Den, seen the same thing for more elsewhere, just cover them in Subwassertang, should look alright have 1 each side of the Peacock Moss pad, which I call The Grassy Knoll.

• Like 1

I think I was looking at the same item when I did some shopping there just 2 days ago but couldn't quite budget for it and still didnt have any moss yet,

I rly LOVE he techden. they're the first online shop I ordered fish equipment from a couple years ago and ive never used another store yet! john there has been very helpful whenever I had questions no matter how trivial.

Unfortunately half of my exhaust system just fell off the bottom of my car in the last hour. ive strapped it back on but im gonna have to get it fixed as priority before I spend anything on aquascaping lol

• Like 1

haha I wont say anything then ;-) my real car is a holden 2001 vx but we needed a cheap getabout recently so picked up a 95 festiva ;-)

I've got a Holden VZ SS Ute with twin 2.5 exhaust, leather interior, hard top, sitting on 19's, love it.

My first car was a VX, very reliable, actually my Mum bought it off of me a few years back when I bought a VY SS Ute, which is now gone of course, but the VX is reliable as hell, I kind of wish I bought a VX SS sedan, the VX range are nice, real nice.

'95 Festiva exhaust shouldn't be too much, well I don't think it should be anyway, just shop around.

• 1 month later...

Jungle look is great! I love the mass of bolbitis in my crs tank. Makes it more interesting trying to locate the shrimp.

Maybe start a second tank?? Mosses can grow like mad a become jungle like after awhile.

Just a bit bored of the mosses I have, Peacock, Christmas and Subwassertang, think I'll just take 'em out and sell 'em off.

• Like 1