Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpy Daddy

ShrimpyDaddy.com has been Upgraded!

Shrimpy Daddy
Hello everyone!!!

Just to let everyone knows that ShrimpyDaddy.com has been upgrade. Below are the enhancements:
  • The blog section comes with more search and filtering features. This will allow easier searching of past posts. You may access it from here: Blog
  • If you have been appreciating my shrimp photo, you will like the next feature. Now I had split the photo blog out and named it "Moments". This will allow you to access all the photos at a glance. You may access it from here: Moments
  • Similar to the Blog engine, the Article engine had been enhanced. Now it has tree structure for easier navigation. You may access it from: Articles. Other than the upgrade on features, I had added a few more articles. Below are the newly added articles and those work in-progress:
    • Detailed steps on how to setup the shrimp tank (Published)
    • Recommended Dosing Regime (Published)
    • Water Restarting Procedure (Published)
    • Understanding Water Chemistry (In-progress)
    • Setting Up Planted Shrimp Tank with Medium-Low Lighting and CO2 Injection (In-progress)

If you have any feedback or question, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers. ^^

Shrimpy Daddy

Edited by Shrimpy Daddy

Shrimpmaster

I was hitting F5 al day :wink: and there it is!

You've done a great job sir. Keep up the good work.

Shrimpy Daddy

Sorry, mate. I forgot to informed you I delayed the launching to 8pm. LOL!!! 

6pm was my dinner time. And I thought I should delayed till 8pm so that I can get full time finish up the rest of the configuration. :p

Squiggle

Awesome stuff dude, looks super sexy! :thumbsu:

Shrimpy Daddy

Thanks. ^^

revolutionhope

cool site it looks like a great resource and help! i really love the sulawesi shrimp pics they are awesome! i think I wanna try growing those when im confident and can afford to advance from cherry shrimp (later this year hopefully) are they similar in difficulty to keeping crystal shrimp?

Shrimpy Daddy

Thanks.

Sulawesi shrimp is quite challenging. However, it really depending on you are getting the wild type or true captive-bred type. The wild type dies extremely easily initially.

Disciple

Congrats on the New page it looks awesome.

I also noticed a products page but I couldn't tell whether you ship to Australia. Its quite exciting as I wanted to try out your products since I read about them and seeing the before and afters.

Shrimpy Daddy

I do, but I will suggest hold on first.

The problem is the custom and tax portion. I will do some testing for the next few weeks and see what are all the implications. ;)

Disciple

Ok I will wait for the Green Light.

Looking forward to cycle the new tank with these products :D

Shrimpy Daddy

I have a friend volunteer to do shipping from AU. If AU has high demand, I could get him to do it.

But for now, it is just tiny business to pay for my excess hobby spending. LOL!!!

Disciple

If it is not possible ATM then I will get it for my next tank.

Or just risk it and order anyways lol

Shrimpy Daddy

I'm sending something to AU tomorrow. Hence, we should know soon.

But.... Are you aware that you have to pay 10% sales tax when collecting the package?

• Like 1

Shrimpy Daddy

And $48.95 for handing charges from custom?

Edited by Shrimpy Daddy

Disciple

Awesome I will wait until a couple of weeks before I make an order. :D

Actually I am a tax accountant and I understand there is GST on items purchased in Australia. My understanding of GST laws for items that are purchased overseas is that it should be GST free unless the person purchasing the items decide to sell the items in Australia. LOL yes I am a nerd!

The thing is Shrimpy Daddy since you have priced your product very reasonably if I order what I need plus pay 10% and another $50 on top it would still be cheaper then equivalent products from some of the "Brand names" product out there. Also since you had shown love and passion for this hobby I would like to support your products as I believe you would be putting the shrimps interests first. :D 

NoGi

Good stuff mate.

Shrimpy Daddy

Awesome I will wait until a couple of weeks before I make an order. :D

Actually I am a tax accountant and I understand there is GST on items purchased in Australia. My understanding of GST laws for items that are purchased overseas is that it should be GST free unless the person purchasing the items decide to sell the items in Australia. LOL yes I am a nerd!

The thing is Shrimpy Daddy since you have priced your product very reasonably if I order what I need plus pay 10% and another $50 on top it would still be cheaper then equivalent products from some of the "Brand names" product out there. Also since you had shown love and passion for this hobby I would like to support your products as I believe you would be putting the shrimps interests first. :D

Sounds good. Let me test it out and let you guys know. :)

inverted

No customs duty here for products bought sent from overseas with a value under $1000.

Unless of course if it's for commercial purposes.

Woot woot

Shrimpy Daddy

Good stuff mate.

Thanks mate. :D

Shrimpmaster

No customs duty here for products bought sent from overseas with a value under $1000.

Unless of course if it's for commercial purposes.

Woot woot

Wow, here it's a value of about $30.

So you can order the whole store if you want :wink:

Shrimpy Daddy

Wow, here it's a value of about $30.

So you can order the whole store if you want :wink:

Sadly, EU has VAT even on imported goods for personal use. :(

I checked on Netherland last night, someone was asking me. If you declare it for as commercial goods with proper HS commodity code and under EUR450, you don't need to pay import tax. But, you have to pay 21% VAT.... *sigh*~ Given said that, I still got a couple of orders coming from EU. v(^.^)v

Great stuff my friend. It's been a long time coming! You're tireless research and money spent is finally paying off!

Wish you the best!

Shrimpy Daddy

Great stuff my friend. It's been a long time coming! You're tireless research and money spent is finally paying off!

Wish you the best!

Thanks mate.

buck
tumblr_nju3yuQLuK1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg I feel like a kid on Christmas! Mostly because my posty is an old fat dude with a grey beard, who brings be presents :D
  • Like 2

Disciple

Wow man!

did you have any issues getting all that?

• Like 1