New Forum Look

skfadmin

Hello SKF Members

As you have noticed we have started to implement the new forum look :applause:

We would love to get you thoughts and feedback on the new look and feel of the colors and logo???

Any and all feedback/suggestions are welcome.

we will continue to upgrade the forum over the next week or two and would appreciate your comments before this is finished so we can

fix/change anything that we may have missed.

Honestly... Its horrible, the red is an eyesore, and the white font over the light grey background is bad too, I cant read the top portion of the page now. Can we somehow customize the colour on individual preference? The logo is awesome...

Ace

See the original post. The colout theme is not complete and we will make all those little tweaks to make it the best :).

See the original post. The colout theme is not complete and we will make all those little tweaks to make it the best :).

Thats why I made a comment and suggestion :tears_of_joy:

Logo looks good. I would also like to be able to personalise the colour scheme. Not a fan of the red.

Logo looks brilliant. Love what you did with it all Dean.

As for the red I think if the hyperlink colours were changed it may be a bit easier to read. (the reply etc at the bottom of each post)

new look? how come i dun see any changes?

LOL...love the red...agree some of the link/button text color need changes

well done Dean

The default color theme that the forum was originally, can be selected down the bottom left hand side of main forum page in quick style chooser.

as stated in post above, we are tweaking the new look as we go. not everyone will be happy as its impossible to do that but there

will be the option for using other color themes for those people.

ACE, even that forum has the option to change the color you want to see :)

lol thanks mate, but i think one of the other mod/admin is doing it now.

i might have been sacked already for my color choice :)

everyone just keep the feedback coming so we can make it as good as possible :)

i love the red! i can't see the white fonts much nor the notifications fonts very well. the red on black is hard to see. but burgundy red is very classy :)

Looking great...The LOGO is awesome !!! One MAJOR suggestion.....please add a bluebolt in with the rest of the shrimps ! :redface-new:

Forum & logo look awesome.

I really like the red and the logo is perfect.

Looks very very good indeed.

Looking great...The LOGO is awesome !!! One MAJOR suggestion.....please add a bluebolt in with the rest of the shrimps ! :redface-new:

Benny has already made us a Bluebolt at my request so we can put it on there!

Forum & logo look awesome.

I really like the red and the logo is perfect.

Looks very very good indeed.

Thanks Mate, Logo is done by Sprae, Loach and Blinfisherman if you want to thank us :p

Correction - Logos were from Sprae, Loach and Blindfisherman. Benny and the mods help combined the elements from each logo together to get the best out of each one :)

It's really a team effort and all member's votes helped make it happen! :applause:

Wow I didn't recognise anything for a few seconds when I logged in. Well done Dean and Mods.

I'd like to raise a point about 'The Home for Australian Shrimp Keepers', the logo/header doesn't have any native shrimp. I know most people here keep overseas species, as I do, but I would like to see a riffles or zebras or rednose for us guys who keep natives. Also it helps put Aussie shrimp on the map as I'm certain overseas guys would be interested to see what we have in Aus.

Liking the burgundy too, different from the red in the QLD fish forum.

Wow I didn't recognise anything for a few seconds when I logged in. Well done Dean and Mods.

I'd like to raise a point about 'The Home for Australian Shrimp Keepers'' date=' the logo/header doesn't have any native shrimp. I know most people here keep overseas species, as I do, but I would like to see a riffles or zebras or rednose for us guys who keep natives. Also it helps put Aussie shrimp on the map as I'm certain overseas guys would be interested to see what we have in Aus.

Liking the burgundy too, different from the red in the QLD fish forum.[/quote']

Thanks for the feedback.

Native shrimps are in the plans. We will what we can do around the designs :)

not real keen on the red setup, personally i prefer darker themes as there not so harsh on the eyes when doing lots of reading on the forums etc. but that's just my opinion...

not real keen on the red setup' date=' personally i prefer darker themes as there not so harsh on the eyes when doing lots of reading on the forums etc. but that's just my opinion...[/quote']

It's a personal thing and we will never achieve a 100% acceptance rate with any colour :encouragement:. When I have some time I'll create another coloured template. For the moment, you can always select the default VB one if the red is too harsh. The option is on the bottom LHS of the page.

It looks very professional! I really love how the look of the new logo!

Very professional and creative