SKF welcomes Cleeon to our community

skfadmin

Hello Cleeon,

Welcome to Shrimp Keepers Forum.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

regards,
skfadmin

Edited by NoGi

Thanks All,

hope I can be good Friend here :)

I just started to breed shrimp again, start with My neocaridina.

note for Admin : Your response is fast, thanks>>>>about My username :D

ok, now I start for reading and learn more and ask on forum if necessary :)

• 1 year later...

I'm back to shrimp keeping, I must say, maybe has become one of My deep desire, I can't leave it :)

ok, sorry to fishmossy, here is my very late answer.

in fact, yes, I have kept lots of variant shrimps from Sulawesi lake, but no one is success to breed well, then I leave it, and change My mind back to breed Neocaridina species, the reason is not only cause Sulawesi shrimps is too hard to maintain, but cause the "business" reasons.

this 2 main reason, maybe enough to "quit breeding Sulawesi shrimps"

1) in fact, even neocaridina variant can beat the selling price os Sulawesi, here Sulawesi shrimp have cheap price, can very difficult to make it price go higher (they don'y have variant yet except the wild captive colors)

2) Sulawesi shrimps is shrimps species which living in hard water condition, that, make not ideal with aquascaping, cause almost of aquascaping plant prefer soft water>>>this reason make caridina species always have higher value.

Welcome back to the hobby.

There are a lot of people breeding Sulawesi shrimp nowadays, unfortunately I'm not one of them. Can't afford them yet.

I think we have learnt a lot more about them since a year ago, and that is the reason we are having more success here in Aus. 

Hope you can learn from others here.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2016 at 7:01 AM, jayc said:

Welcome back to the hobby.

There are a lot of people breeding Sulawesi shrimp nowadays, unfortunately I'm not one of them. Can't afford them yet.

I think we have learnt a lot more about them since a year ago, and that is the reason we are having more success here in Aus. 

Hope you can learn from others here.

Yes, thank you.

Here is little weird maybe, even variant from neocaridina can beat the price of Sulawesi shrimp easily, maybe cause no unique (not found in nature) yet from Sulawesi shrimps :)

On 9/18/2016 at 6:40 AM, Jarad G Davey said:

Welcome to the forums @Cleeon, Once you've got shrimp in your blood you'll never get out :)

maybe that is what makes all of what I feel happening, I wonder why, every time to  try breed other species in aquarium, I'm always back want to breed this little shrimps family :D

• Like 1

On 9/21/2016 at 7:24 PM, revolutionhope said:

Can I ask where in Indonesia are you from @Cleeon ?

sorry for late reply again :(

I am live in Malang city, East Java province, if maybe sometime You need something here, if I can help, I will :). My city is near the capital city of East Java, Surabaya, the second largest city after Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.

Hi mate,

Thanks mate.
! When we make it across to east java I will give you a hoy! I'd love to explore more of Java.

I'd love to meet some "native" shrimpkeepers in indo next year when I'm there again. :-)

Love n peace
Will

• Like 1