Yellow Cherry Shrimp

GotCrabs

I just saw online through a Facebook Shrimp group that someone showed me 10 juvi Yellow Cherry Shrimp get sold for $124!

Surely they aren't worth that much! That can't be right! I didn't pay that price for the 10 I bought not even 12 months ago!

I think I paid about $5/$6 per YCS.

hey im looking to get some nice looking YCS. I am very much a newbie here but personally I would pay that much in adelaide here if I 100% knew the quality was good... from what ive seen Ive found a lot of the ones being sold in adelaide are pale looking!

• Like 1

Thats a lot, they sell here for around €0.20 - €1.00. O, sorry, I'm not from Australia! Forgot that prices are a little higher around there. Still, $12.4 a piece is quite a lot.

• Like 1

hey im looking to get some nice looking YCS. I am very much a newbie here but personally I would pay that much in adelaide here if I 100% knew the quality was good... from what ive seen Ive found a lot of the ones being sold in adelaide are pale looking!

I got mine from a seller in Adelaide and they are great, great colour, you'll find that someone on here will have some great quality YCS, if you become a premium member on here you can advertise in the Buy/Swap/Sell section, from what you may have already seen the quality in Shrimp here are right up there and prices are more than fair too.

I was shocked to see what they went for and I thought to myself "I didn't pay that much for mine!"

Thats a lot, they sell here for around €0.20 - €1.00. O, sorry, I'm not from Australia! Forgot that prices are a little higher around there. Still, $12.4 a piece is quite a lot.

I couldn't believe what I was reading on there, haha, might have to grab ANOTHER tank to start breeding the Yellows I have, haha, nah, not into breeding at this stage, just enjoy the Shrimp and Aquascaping.

Didn't realise you were in the UK ShrimpMaster.

• Like 1

That is expensive they would want to be the best yellows in aus haha. I had some one have a go at me on fb for selling mine for $5 a shrimp, 12.40 would really rustle his jimmies haha

14f.jpg

Edited by buck
  • Like 1

Well things are worth what the market is prepared to pay.....

I say the more expensive the better...... Someone's got to pay for all these tanks pumps heater etc lol

Edit: I dont sell ycs :)

Edited by inverted
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure I bought mine for $6.00 per Shrimp from a seller in Adelaide, can't remember who though but still, I'm happy with $6.00.

Yeah I sell mine for $5-$6 each

• 4 weeks later...

I sell YCS from time to time and I'm in Adelaide.Mine are very high grade and I charge $10 each.I think that if the quality is there then people will pay for It.I once ordered some more from interstate to introduce some new genes and they were rubbish.I quickly sold them off for a few dollars each.

Yellow cherries are a lot harder to breed than reds.You need to have very stable water parameters and a lot of patience.Once they start breeding you have to be prepared to cull the paler ones otherwise you will eventually end up with low grade yellows.

• HOF Member

I have to agree Mark49 I have success with most of the shrimp varieties and colours but have only ever managed to breed a few Yellows. I gave up on them in the end yet Blues, Blacks, Reds and the Crystal varieties have all bred well for me.

I had my yellows breeding well, then I changed the water to suit my crystals and the yellows won't even saddle now. When I get a chance in the next few days im going to set up a tank just for the yellows and try something new…   

• HOF Member

The other problem I've noticed people have with Yellows is they breed well for a while then stop and don't seem to start again. It's good to hear of success with them.

• HOF Member

Fingers crossed. So many people are having success with them as well so you should be ok!

I have some yellows that I have since juvies, they are now just young adults, all females seem to be saddled....fingers crossed!

Yellows will never breed If your tank is set up for crystals.They prefer an inert substrate and higher tds.

The other problem I've noticed people have with Yellows is they breed well for a while then stop and don't seem to start again. It's good to hear of success with them.

That's exactly what mine did. They were doing really well, lots of shrimplets.

And then ...

it all stopped.