Greetings from SA

aufo8mycat

Hi ya all, I am alex

just thought i wold get one here to have a look around, and to do some learning, i am mainly in to marine set ups, and currently have 2 but have just set up a small planted shrimp tank and just dropped a few in the other day, i have successfully breed peppermint shrimp in the past and kept redline and blood shrimp in my marine tanks now. but i already seem to be favoring my new fresh water to my marine tanks... which will probably mean a upgrade for them soon.

i only have a small fluval planted tank, which i have u[graded the substrate to elos, with some dinosaur dung... being a marine freak, i am thinking i dont have enough light but will see how plants grow for now, i have 11watt fluval power compact.. where as i have 8x39 watt t5's over my 3x50x50 cade marine tank well i will leave it at that for now and look forward to doing some learning

Alex

Hey mate welcome to the forum.

Would love to see some photos of your tanks if you have the chance/time ?

Cheers

will find a couple of nice pics... I am about to buy a canister filter for this tank as the internal takes up to much room, the ph probe for the CO2 controller will also be hidden...(somehow)

post-491-139909846387_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Skf mate. Nice to see you having a go at both marine and fresh ;)

Lighting for fresh requires less than marine so I think you will be

Fine with the compact.

We have a small marine forum and when you have access would love to

See some info about the peppermint breeding.

Hello Alex, I'm new too to this forum!!! i'm Will nice to mee you too!!!

Hi Alex, I'm new to this forum as-well :). Seems we have the same Aquarium!. Fluval right? Maybe not the same equipment though lol. Seems you have a Ph controller on it? Looks good mate,

Rik

Hi rik and planted, it is good to see a few fellow adelaidens wll have to organise a tank crawl one day see what you gus areup to with your tanks

welcome mate, good to see a few members going with the marine shrimp to keep the site balanced ;) would love to one day, but have to get what i have now under control!