New tank. Sorry its not shrimp

daimen

I thought i might share my new set up with everyone. As well as a few pictures.

0833150239949720d0f921d4fafe88e6.jpg

For the top tank.

Neolamprologus caudopunctatus

b0662e659a1ece3ad7e637057b8a4c46.jpg

Julidochromis regani

03e949f506e4f573416af593bff27fed.jpg

And for the bottom one so far

Metriaclima pulpican

bb73712e8a6654ad14ff6088e9bd032c.jpg

Hope you like it im open to any suggestions on what else to add to the bottom.

Edited by daimen

Has anyone thought of using it in a shrimp tank? I know it raises the PH. But it also buffers the GH.

Yeah good Electric Yellows are always nice. Texas rock? That's a funny name considering it comes from the limestone coast here in southern Australia. We've always just called it "white rock". 

I thought it is called texas holey rock because it is found in the desert around texas. Havent done a google on it in a while but thats what i read

They may well have similar rock in texas, and google likely only provides that info because that's all thats ever been posted to the internet. But I can certainly assure you of the accuracy of my info, having both purchased the rock directly from a licensed collector when I worked at a large Melbourne aquarium store, and collected some myself while traveling through the area. Despite the already high cost of this rock, considering its weight it would probably have to cost much more if imported from the USA. 

And hey, nice caudopunctatus and reganis - glad you found some. I can't suggest anything else for the bottom tank, but to say that all those Malawi mouthbrooders hybridise very freely. Mbuna will happily cross with Peacocks or anything else from their lake, no matter how different they seem. The hybrids are of course completely worthless - I'd probably keep another Tanganyikan species in the lower tank to avoid that. 

Thanks for the info. I already know the hybrid curse of mbuna. Thats why this tank is not for breeding purposes simply a display. I know that i cant stop them but i definatly wont be selling them.The top tank on the other hand. I would love the punks and juli to breed sometime in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...

https://vimeo.com/120227523

Fully stocked on the bottom.

With some small movements i have moved the Regani to the lower tank as their aggression was too high for the caudopunctatus. I have also introduced some Black calvus to the top tank.3f250339910758f60e86432dc661980b.jpg

also brought in some dragon Blood peacocks for the bottom. And thats is done until i need to move things around again.