Sign in to follow this  
buck

have you got balls?

buck

Seems there are heaps of mineral balls on the market, Benibatchi bee balls, MKbreed life balls, boss even has balls now! There are a few otheres if forgotten aswell...

but whos balls do you like the most? And what have your experiences been with different ones.

south_park_chef.gif

GotCrabs

I prefer chocolate salty balls... I prefer to stick 'em in my mouth and suck 'em...

Just purchased Boss Aquaria's Mineral Balls as they are going into the new tank I have, first time I've use them though but have read and been told they are a necessity, as well as Mineral Powder, I bought Boss Aquaria to support locally.

• Like 1

Squiggle

Good question dude, I've used all of them & they are all very good for the tank, in fact I would say they are a must for any shrimp tank. I did an experiment on the balls when I started two new tanks, one with & one without, the difference in the results are amazing, check this thread & you'll see what I mean.

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/8078-boss-mineral-balls-are-here/

The only real difference is price, the Boss mineral balls are the same as the Benibachi balls, same size, same effect & the MK Breed balls are the same thing again, only they are smaller, I know this doesn't help as to which brand to use but it's entirely up to you as they all do exactly the same thing.

buck

Cheers dude I was pretty sure that was the case, so im glade I have a cheaper option! I like the look of the bigger meatier balls so MKbreed wasn't really interesting me.Haha cheers gotcrabs, I feel like there one of those real shrimp breeder essentials aswell.

the azoo max bio balls are different, more good bacteria related from what I read,Has any got an option on them?

• Like 1

GotCrabs

I can't get enough of South Park Buck, HA.

Squiggle

Yeah, the MK Breed balls are more aimed at people who want something that's easily hidden, but I'm a big fan of the bigger ones, they've gotta be doing more & last longer. :thumbsu:

I have been looking into something like the AZOO balls, they are more of a bacterial booster than a mineral booster. :D

2OFUS

I can't get enough of South Park Buck, HA.

Me either !

I have seasons 1 to 18 :)

• Like 1

GotCrabs

Me either !

I have seasons 1 to 18 :)

I didn't know you could get all seasons in Australia, I've got the first 5 seasons, haven't looked at others, have all of Family Guy, American Dad and Brickleberry.

2OFUS

Yeah I got 1 to 9 of American dad

Gotta love roger !!!

• Like 1

2OFUS

Jb hi fi has em all

• Like 1

Squiggle

Brickleberry rocks! Rick & Morty's pretty funny too! :thumbsu:

• Like 1

Daydream

My balls are best don't use any additives in my tanks substrate is 1cup shrimpsoil 1cup shellgrit 4lt of riversand washed from the nursery.No ro water just sediment and carbon filter from tap that I got at bunnings and don't use any other supplement powders.Have tb, tigers, tigerbee,crs ,cbs ,cherry and natives all breeding no probs by the sound of it I got balls.

• Like 1

buck

Thanks for sharing that! Ive been admiring your shrimp for ages,the secrets are coming out haha!so is the shrimp soil and shell grit just caped by the sand?

Daydream

1cm riversand other 2 just thrown on top some wood,moss and varied diet..

• Like 1

kizshrimp

I'm also using carbon filtered tapwater and/or rainwater through about the same 2-stage system as Daydream describes, with no problems at all. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Not really a fan of RO. 

I do appreciate the function of Bentonite powders and balls but haven't found any need for them so far. 

I have shrimp on inert gravel or on shrimp sand but haven't had the balls to put Taiwan bees with shellgrit. In fact, I was sure it would be a problem. Daydream, you sure do have balls man. What do you grow at the nursery? 

BTW love South Park, s18 has been great, love the McFarlane shows too. Hope this thread stays on track from now though. 

• Like 1

newbreed

I wouldn't recommend putting mineral balls in your mouth!! But loved the South Park movie and chefs songs!! Fave character is Tweak, caffeine addict like me!!

Back to the balls. I have only used benibachi until now but have just grabbed some of Jays balls to put into my new setups!! Lol

• Like 1

GotCrabs

just grabbed some of Jays balls, Lol

This is how I read the above comment... HAHA.

• Like 1

OzShrimp

I have used Benibachi balls and liked em, foolishly brought the MK breed balls thinking they were the same size and was getting a bargain and I am quiet disappointed with them. They end up buried in my substrate and my balls are green :(

Definitely gonna get bigger balls in future

Squiggle

I have used Benibachi balls and liked em, foolishly brought the MK breed balls thinking they were the same size and was getting a bargain and I am quiet disappointed with them. They end up buried in my substrate and my balls are green :(

Definitely gonna get bigger balls in future

Yeah, mine are the same size as the Benibachi balls. :thumbsu:

• Like 1

fishmosy

This thread makes for interesting reading when viewed out of context. My balls are as big as..... My balls.. LOL

Disciple

Lol it started cracking me up at work when I read ozshrimps post. Now squiggles post is the cherry on top!

NoGi

Is it possible to have too many balls?

Serious question though

Squiggle

I'm pretty sure you can't put too many in but I recommend 1-2 per 20L, I have put twice this in a couple of tanks. :thumbsu:

GotCrabs

my balls are green :(

Your balls are green? WHOA! Get that checked out!