GotCrabs' AquaTopia Aura 20L Peacock Moss & Shrimp Forest

GotCrabs

:nom nom: gota love a little bill! and that sweater is on point, then again his sweater game was always strong!   

man i can just imagane that peacock moss in 6 months, its gone be wild! :want:

Hopefully by then I'll have a nice little family of CRS in there.

• Like 1

yeah bro its still a young tank, once it stablizes im sure they will go crazy!

Hopefully.

Plus just interested to see how long it takes for the Peacock Moss and grow to the stage I want it at, I'm thinking 12 weeks.

I'll do a water change tomorrow to lower the pH, use rainwater.

• Like 1

Looking good. I can't wait to see it when it gets as big as you are planning for it.

Looking good. I can't wait to see it when it gets as big as you are planning for it.

Yeah sure if I'll keep it trimmed to a certain size or just let it grow out of control.

IMG_0622_zpsfli48kkx.jpg

WEEK 5

So week 5 came, everything is going well still, managed to sort water parameters out, just need to get the TDS up as it's sitting at 73 ppm at the moment, would like it at 120 ppm, so will slowly add some tap water each day I think.

White stuff on the substrate is Mineral Powder, I put some in earlier to raise the TDS but hasn't raised it at all.

• Like 1

Have just ordered Salty Shrimp GH+ so once I have that I'll empty the tank, replace with distilled water and add the SS GH+.

Edited by GotCrabs
  • Like 1

92b1d727-5e55-4146-8da8-0637976d1d63_zps

WEEK 3

So week 3 came along, everything is going real well, can really notice that the Peacock Moss is starting to thicken and get fluffy I guess you could say, looks nice from a distance, the low quality CRS I have in the tank are doing really well also.

snow whites don't come from RCS they are from a different family (genus/species)

Again another small water change today, replaced with rainwater tank water from outside, again 1 spoon of Boss Booster and a pinch of Mineral Powder added also.

While I was cleaning out my other tank I came across 2 pure white RCS, I gather these are called Snow Whites? They are only juvi but you can see what they are and have no red patterning at all, so thinking of moving them into this tank, thoughts?

snow whites are from a different family, not related to RCS Edited by petfish

• 2 weeks later...

Got 10 CRS today in the mail, a mixture of male and female, adult and juvi, absolutely stoked with them, they're in the tank and doing well.

The fun begins!

• Like 1

6a898953-1c65-4754-bce4-58ba18c767a7_zps

WEEK 7

Due to death threats, peer pressure and popular demand, here is the photo I missed from last Sunday, (I take a photo of the tank and it's progress every Sunday), the Peacock Moss is going well and again thickening more, looks nice, I got 10 CRS today in the mail thanks to Squiggles, very much appreciated Pimp.

The Crystal Reds seem to be happy in their new environment, sussing the tank out and roaming around, having a nibble on Boss Aquaria's Shrimp Crack, looking forward to getting these shrimp to start a nice little family and seeing the tank full of action.

Had a death in the family over night and may need to head out of town this weekend, so might not be a photo this coming Sunday.

Looking really good, can't wait to see more photos.

Cheers Larry, very happy with how things are going and glad to have some shrimp in there now.

The photo doesn't do the Peacock Moss justice, looks so good to look at in person, nice and thick and starting to expand more giving it a more bushy look.

Really not impressed with the iPhone 5s camera.

snow whites are from a different family, not related to RCS

I think you mean Snowballs & yeah they are Neocaridina Palmata & RCS are Neocaridina Davidi.

Snow Whites are Caridina Longmani. :thumbsu:

Glad you're happy with shrimp dude. :D

Edited by Squiggle
  • Like 1

condolences for your loss, things are going great guns for you and the moss is coming along nicely. Interesting cave entry shape to lol :P

condolences for your loss, things are going great guns for you and the moss is coming along nicely. Interesting cave entry shape to lol :P

Hahaha I thought the same thing! Love the bush but!

Hahaha I thought the same thing! Love the bush but!

FILTHY! FILTHY Minds!!!