Green Cherry Shrimps

JPN07

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is select breeding green cherry shrimps? Would also like to know the water parameters they are kept and breed in. Photos will be great :)

I found 3-4 green cherrys in my chocolate colony and hoping i can select breed them. One is berried at the moment.

Thanks

20141227_145236-1.jpg

20141227_145219-1.jpg

I have some lighter green cherries in my tank but not of that quality in my tank. My issue is that they are in with blues. When it cools down i plan on hopefully selling my blues off and got a couple of good quality yellows and a couple of yellow rilis which are sitting in a breeder box waiting for cooler weather

• Like 1

I've deliberatley kept my green cherry program in low PH (6.2).....breeding rate not great, but wanted to ensure the green is not PH related. Weird logic, but, that's how I approach all my chery selective breeding programs.

• Like 1

Looking great JPN! Good luck with the program, keep us updated!!

They're such a nice deep green colour!!

• Like 1

The only colours I can get from my chocolates are blue or red lol would love to be getting greens. I'm using just tap water though.

• Like 1

Good luck with your selective breeding program, I hope it ends up taking off for you.

• Like 1

Thanks peeps. One of the female is berried at the moment. I wonder what colours will come out, hopefully some more greens fingers crossed :)

20141227_183602-1.jpg

• Like 3

That is an awesome shrimp

Hopefully you will have a heap of green shrimplets.

Btw how was your trip to Singapore?

Thanks mate. Hope so to. Holidays in Sg was good but fast. Was only there for 4 days and had friend's wedding too. Only managed to visit one shop, Aquarist Chamber. Awesome shop, bought some nets and other accessories.

• 3 months later...