hi from S.A.

planted

hi guys

been keeping CRS since first available in Aust, slowly bred up to SSS grades and just introducing a few CBS finally.

only running 1 x 400ltr mixed CRS/CBS planted tank though now...

Cheers for the welcome.

plenty of pics bailey ;) here's one of the tank for now, just taken after some food dropped in

ShrimpTankFeeding5-10-12.jpg

Hi Mate Great tank, welcome to the forum Enjoy!

thanks again guys :encouragement:

HexaD : tank is 111cm long x 56cm wide x 70cm tall "approx 400ltrs" made to fit on an old planter stand that has been reinforced to hold the weight

ShrimpTank328-7-12.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful tank! :O

Those shrimp are so lucky to have such an amazing home :D

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :p

I recognize that tank! I've drooled over that once before! It really is very very stunning.

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers again for the welcome guys, look forward to contributing to the forum where i can ;)

Hi Planted, welcome to SKF, gald you decided to drop by here.... i've seen your tank on T.O.S and was amazed at it's quality and the scape. would you like to share a tank spec other than the size sometime?

Hi there

not really sure what else i could say about the tank ? other than plants are, narrow leaf java, normal java, crested java, philippine java, few different kinds of anubius large and small "i forget all there names"

echinodorus vesuvius which is only just hanging in there, peacock moss, flame moss, subwassetang, valis, and another planted plant i can't remember the name of atm.

substrate is 40kg's redsea flora base.

1 x dual sera sponge filter unit and 1 x single sponge filter unit 2 x sera air pumps.

lighting is a 4 x 24w compact fluoro, globes are around 10000k i think on for 7hrs a day atm.

not sure on water perams as i don't check em these days, but last time i checked water out of the tap was pH6.8 - 7

water is aged for 1-2 weeks and prime added for safety.

food fed to shrimp is shirakura shrimp food once to twice a week, shirakura micro organism powder once every week and shirakura mineral powder added after water change.

Think thats about it ;) [url=http://www.aqmagic.com/shrimp-food/shirakura-yellow-micro-organism-powder-p-302.html]