how to get female tiger berried?

salvanost

sorry for weird question

but, already try 90-180 tds,ph 5.5-6.5, gh 3-8 and temp 23C  for 3 month

unfortunately never see any berried tiger at all...

from pure tiger, tiger bee, taitibe, (just start with pinto)

i know the water parameter still not best for tiger shrimp, but my friend success breeding those tiger variants with tds 110 ph 6 temp 23

anyone could share their experience how to breed those shrimps?

Thx

Edited by salvanost

I wish I could tell. There was a time they were exploding around here. From 10 to 300 in a short period. At the moment I don't have much tigers anymore (sold most of them), around 30 maybe. But non of them are berried for months now and I can't tell why. They live happy and very active, but no eggs whatsoever.

Breeding tigers is not my goal at this moment, so I don't pay attention to it by experimenting with food or water parameters. Maybe I will try, I will let you know if I find anything :-).

Edited by Shrimpmaster

i dont know how to help you also sal! somehow i seems to get my tiger berried in a swing temp changing by the weather in thailand around 22 at night with my ac on and reaching 26 or 27 in daytime.fb3a275f271163b17d9e0f1bf37fe1ba.jpg cant tell you anything else of my water parameter as im still waiting for tetra water tester kit to arrive .... but i change 20-30% water every 5 days and readding one large bottle of mineral water to the tank and resting tap water.

will give you everything else when my testing kit have arrive

congratulation joker :)

i just realize there so much death from my female tiger variants, because there is less and less female tiger when i got so much male tiger...

i'm afraid it's because the female tiger get attacked when molting

i will add more female tiger later, but for now i will monitoring my tank and see if there too much male shrimp

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i move lot's of male shrimps around 50 around 3 weeks ago

now i got 3 berried taitibe (good for me, i got more shrimplet to continue with pinto project)

unlike tiger, i can see the saddle from female taitibe, looks like this one will be my new fav tiger shrimps

Thank you guys

2i8jgbm.jpg

Edited by salvanost
  • Like 1