Disciples Tank Journal

Disciple

Last but not least my hybrid section.

Pinto tiatibees tibees mischling and red rili.

20151209_193109.thumb.jpg.417536819840af20151209_193050.thumb.jpg.fe9246dab56dcc20151209_192811.thumb.jpg.063a6266e9f93c20151209_190858.thumb.jpg.70985d32d7683720151209_190752.thumb.jpg.dce890bdff392620151209_190741.thumb.jpg.57c55bb5f181b720151209_190727.thumb.jpg.de0481934fec3820151209_190721.thumb.jpg.396bddfe2d3696

20151209_190923.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, al4n said:

Very nice disciple!

Cheers man

2 hours ago, perplex said:

wheres the special ones your keeping for me :O XD!

They are in my special section that is super secret. Which ones do you like?

1 hour ago, Disciple said:

Cheers man

They are in my special section that is super secret. Which ones do you like?

well none of the ones in the pictures since there in your super secret section!

1 hour ago, perplex said:

well none of the ones in the pictures since there in your super secret section!

Its called my Cool Ultra Loveable & Lovely Shrimp section. AKA my C.U.L.L.S Sections and Since its almost Christmas and I am feeling generous. You get a once in a life time chance to pick through them and take the one's you like for a very special price!!! Only 10 to 15% of each drop makes it into this section!!~ If that!

Edited by Disciple

10 minutes ago, Disciple said:

Its called my Cool Ultra Loveable & Lovely Shrimp section. AKA my C.U.L.L.S Sections and Since its almost Christmas and I am feeling generous. You get a once in a life time chance to pick through them and take the one's you like for a very special price!!! Only 10 to 15% of each drop makes it into this section!!~ If that!

LOL, once in a life time ey..

i think you have another secret tank, well coming :O

Edited by Disciple

• 1 month later...

Gday SKFers,

I hope you didnt miss me too much while I was away.

It was a long 2 weeks away from my shrimps and I was a little worried to see what I would find when I got back.

It seems my shrimp have not done so well...

20160112_211724.thumb.jpg.604da14a62454f20160112_211129.thumb.jpg.0ad2ecfcdbebf920160112_211233.thumb.jpg.95e33d0aeba4cf20160112_212853.thumb.jpg.c1b9d40a23193d

20160112_212920.thumb.jpg.4c3ec943a39586

They did Great! My sister did a good job.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, revolutionhope said:

tiger pix pls

Some tiger pics please :-)

Lol I need to do some maintenance in the tank over the weekend and then i'll take some just for you Will.

• Like 2

noooooo for us all :D i love seeing updates. esp. from you. they are always so great

noooooo for us all :D i love seeing updates. esp. from you. they are always so great

Monday blues? Time for a update on my bluebolts and chocolates section.

20160117_215717.thumb.jpg.c233b5cc776deb20160117_215655.thumb.jpg.9f0457cd6df8d020160117_215710.thumb.jpg.eb9d3e8180575d20160117_215645.thumb.jpg.4e0eb060efca0620160117_215704.thumb.jpg.6ca92eed415369

• Like 2

• HOF Member

Just sat and read through this again. Wow you have come a long way Disciple. You have some awesome shrimp there. Well done!

3 hours ago, larrymull said:

@Disciple love them, i think BB are my favourite.

Just wondering also how is your RCS project going?

They are also one of my favourites too. Really happy with how the BB's are going.

My RCS project became a disaster. I put them into the tank a few weeks after it cycled. Within a month half died including the two males. I tried to use another decent male but then I was able to buy some sakura/fire red cherries. So I gave the project to someone and put the new shrimp RCS with my OEBTs. Have 2 berried ATM so hopefully they will go ok.

41 minutes ago, ineke said:

Just sat and read through this again. Wow you have come a long way Disciple. You have some awesome shrimp there. Well done!

Thanks Ineke.

Yea when I think about how only about 7 months ago I just started putting shrimps into the different section. I am really happy with how everything has went and I am really glad I learnt so much from SKF & got so much help planning it out.

• Like 2

• HOF Member

What is it about Bluebolts that we all find so appealing??? I have a tank full of Taitibee Bluebolts and 4 pure TB Bluebolts in another tank - they supposedly breed true - just a couple of years ago that would have been outside my affordability ! They are my favourite too! I still love a good Rili but no longer have any at all.

9 minutes ago, Disciple said:

My RCS project became a disaster. I put them into the tank a few weeks after it cycled. Within a month half died including the two males. I tried to use another decent male but then I was able to buy some sakura/fire red cherries. So I gave the project to someone and put the new shrimp RCS with my OEBTs. Have 2 berried ATM so hopefully they will go ok.

I know what you mean, I have struggled with some YCS in the same environment. It almost appears that the YCS i introduced to the new tank have struggled and even died, but their shrimplings are much stronger. The low ph i don't think really suits them...found that with RCS too.

2 minutes ago, ineke said:

What is it about Bluebolts that we all find so appealing??? I have a tank full of Taitibee Bluebolts and 4 pure TB Bluebolts in another tank - they supposedly breed true - just a couple of years ago that would have been outside my affordability ! They are my favourite too! I still love a good Rili but no longer have any at all.

I think it is because when the female is berried she just turns in to the most magnificent blue. Also I think it is because they look so fantastic against most substrates.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ineke said:

I know for myself. One of the first post I saw on SKF full of pictures of Blue Bolts and they instantly shrimp I wanted. The other was OEBT's. 

3 hours ago, larrymull said:

I know what you mean, I have struggled with some YCS in the same environment. It almost appears that the YCS i introduced to the new tank have struggled and even died, but their shrimplings are much stronger. The low ph i don't think really suits them...found that with RCS too.

Funny thing is my Chocolates are doing really well in the tank. My rili's aren't doing as well but are breeding.

• HOF Member

I think we all fell in love with Bluebolts Bluebolts  , he had awesome shrimp and gave me my first pair . They died unfortunately and I was terrified to tell him but I did in the end. They were worth much more back then but now I don't have any problems keeping them. 

• Like 1

Update to my last section.

Lots of mischling, tibees, taitibees and a few pintos.

Before i went on my holidays i noticed a few nice blue shrimplets but assumed that would mature into black juvies. To my suprise it seems they have continued to hold the blue which it very exciting for me.

I might clear out this tank to try concentrate on these bluish shrimp. What do you guys think?

20160117_215726.thumb.jpg.933a120ac28f9920160116_223945.thumb.jpg.ac17ac372673ce20160117_215805.thumb.jpg.30d7159cb6f5b320160120_225027.thumb.jpg.1f8713aae3227e20160116_223811.thumb.jpg.038a8a93d7fcf520160121_211841.thumb.jpg.ce2bed868441ce20160121_212003.thumb.jpg.dd54da0711201220160121_211939.thumb.jpg.593710e863bc6b20160121_211845.thumb.jpg.172610a7f8aae5

20160121_211924.jpg

• Like 3

• HOF Member

Definitely worth pursuing Disciple they are truly awesome. I think they could become firm favourites with those of us that love the blues'! Well done you.

• Like 1

+1 on clearing it out and trying to nail down the blue line dude! they look beautiful!:excited:

• Like 1

Yes please. Would be totally awesome if you could maintain a stable line of blues like those in your photos! Very beautiful mate! Super envy!

• Like 1