what should i do with these seed shrimps?

salvanost

the seed shrimps ruined tank looks

should i bear with it? shoul i restart the tank? (just change the soil

ughhhhhh too many seed shrimps!!!!!!!!!

We had a tank riddled with seed shrimp once !

We cut down feeding (and also added a feeder fish) and we also cut the light times down dramatically

Then after a couple of weeks they disapeared :)

Gotta agree, I dont see any shrimp in the vid, but plenty of seed shrimp and lots of algae (which is a good thing for shrimp). This suggests though that you might need to cut down on the amount that you feed.

yeah, need to feed less

i will do that

cannot cut the light, the algae will grow less

i still got 2 blue both berried, don't want to make huge change for now

Add threading rainbows, it's the only other fish apart from Otto which is shrimp safe.

Edited by sushant

kuhli loach too shy

i would prefer other loach, but it's more suitable for aquascape tank not for shrimp tank

nope, i won't add fish to shrimp tank, still to beginner to add fish to shrimp tank, i would blame the fish for shrimp death, so it's better not to use fish

Edited by salvanost

Fish with small mouths are usually ok. I've kept neons with mine in the past.

That's why I suggested threadfins, haven't seen any other fish with smaller mouth. The don't even go after the shrimplets but will hover over the shrimp food to eat the food scattered by the shrimps.

I have the same problem with seed shrimp in one of my shrimp tanks, 1000's of them. I didn't mind when there were only a few of them, but since I started feeding powdered shrimplet food and increased how long the light was on so more algae grew in the tank, they've multiplied out of control. I'm probably over feeding as well, but the shrimp in this tank always seem hungry even though there's lots of different algae on the glass, driftwood and plants. They come scurrying from everywhere at dinner time and fight each other for the food and even the Otto's get stuck into the pellets or wafers and chase the shrimp away.

I'd like to add some threadfin rainbows, but worry they might snack on a shrimplet. Would really hate for a kk or panda shrimplet to end up as a fish snack. Also would they survive in 23C?

That's why I suggested threadfins, haven't seen any other fish with smaller mouth. The don't even go after the shrimplets but will hover over the shrimp food to eat the food scattered by the shrimps.

cory pigmy too, small mouth fish

but this fish won't eat seed shrimps

Edited by salvanost
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

any update?, did you succeed clearing these seed shrimps? The ones in my red cherry tank start to bore me...

Edited by Matuva