SKF welcomes neo-2FX to our community

skfadmin

Hello neo-2FX, Welcome to Shrimp Keepers Forum. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Where are you located?

And do you mean the tank? or Tank and Stand?

Cause the stand is kinda custom made.

You would have to DIY the ADA style stand.

Hi jayc,

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria.

This an aussie site?

I guess my question was more like: Are there any alternatives to ADA tanks? I was quoted about $450 for a 2ft tank at Exotic Aquatic.

I'm not so worried about the stand as yet because as you said I can DIY the stand.

What are the most popular brands for rimless?

Edited by neo-2FX

Welcome to the forum, hope you have as much fun here as we do! :welcome:

Yes this is an Aussie site, but there is definitely an international flavour growing.

ADA tanks are great, there is also CADE tanks for fantastic rimless versions. :thumbsu:

I know Age of Aquariums sells the CADE tanks but they are in QLD & I'm not sure if they ship the tanks, have to ask Ben, Donny & the guys. :thumbsu:

If you can find someone to build the tank you can just request they use good quality glass but at the end of the day if you want top end attention detail it's probably just as cheap to get the ada tank from exotic aquatic.

Anyone got the Mr aqua or komoda tanks?

I was just going to suggest komoda.

They are made of low iron glass too similar to Cade.

Very close in quality too. Cade is slightly better, but you would be hard pressed to pick the difference.

Mr aqua tanks are frameless / rimless but they are not low iron glass.

That said I have their 3ft bookshelf 12g, such a cool tank. Love the dimensions for a wide nano scape.

Hi jayc,

That Mr aqua tank was the one I was looking at but it seemed really cheap for about $100. Have you got some high quality photos of it?

Also, what's the advantage of low iron?

I went to nature aquariums today and saw some 'fire' tanks that were cheapish and some other no name brands on display. They were 299 for about a 2 foot. For that price might as well get the ADA.

Hi jayc,

That Mr aqua tank was the one I was looking at but it seemed really cheap for about $100. Have you got some high quality photos of it?

Also, what's the advantage of low iron?

I went to nature aquariums today and saw some 'fire' tanks that were cheapish and some other no name brands on display. They were 299 for about a 2 foot. For that price might as well get the ADA.

That MR Aqua 3ft is value for money.

Check out my tank journal.

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/6891-jaycs-new-3ft-tank/

And Got Crabs' MR Aqua 3ft tank too 

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/7687-gotcrabs-mr-aqua-12g-bookshelf/

Low iron, which is what ADA, CADE and Komoda tanks are, are glass which has low iron content, which makes it clearer and does not distort the colour spectrum. If you look at the low iron glass and normal glass edges, you will see the difference. Normal glass has a greenish tinge. Low iron glass will make your tank super crystal clear ... until algae grows on it LOL. 

low-iron-glass1.jpg

Edited by jayc

That MR Aqua 3ft is value for money.

Check out my tank journal.

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/6891-jaycs-new-3ft-tank/

And Got Crabs' MR Aqua 3ft tank too 

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/7687-gotcrabs-mr-aqua-12g-bookshelf/

Low iron, which is what ADA, CADE and Komoda tanks are, are glass which has low iron content, which makes it clearer and does not distort the colour spectrum. If you look at the low iron glass and normal glass edges, you will see the difference. Normal glass has a greenish tinge. Low iron glass will make your tank super crystal clear ... until algae grows on it LOL. 

low-iron-glass1.jpg

Wow! Thanks for that information jayc.

I've emailed EA to see if they stock the ADA 45-F and 60-F.

I like the compact look of them but then again it's hard to judge without seeing them in real life.

I'm worried the dimensions of the ADA tanks (60-F is 60cmx30cmx18cm and 45-F is 45cmx24cmx16cm) is actually smaller than I think.

The Mr Aqua is 90cmx21cmx24cm so is higher and longer.

I'm looking to put it on top of my tallboy (86cmx46cm) so looks like Mr Aqua might be a lil too big lol. See attached photo.

What do you guys think I should go for? Maybe something taller?

post-1167-0-54095600-1416745795_thumb.jp

Edited by neo-2FX

Personally, I would find it too low.

But that's for you toy decide.

Get your measuring tape out.