Sign in to follow this  
rui kid

Are these green?

rui kid

Hi,

I was offered these shrimps as being green shrimps (Caridina Babaulti).

They are not what I was expecting, since they look very diferent from some that I had before.

My problem is that I wanted to join them with red cherrys and I'm afraid that they might crosbreed.
Can someone please help me ID this species?

green.jpg

fishmosy

I dont think they are greens. The head shape and rostrum are all wrong. Without knowing what shrimp are available in Portugal, any suggestion I make as to what species this is would be speculation.

• Like 1

rui kid

Mistery undone. They are Neocaridina Heteropoda and they breed with the cherrys. So I'll give them away.
Thanks everybody.

fishmosy

Neocaridina heteropoda is the old name for cherries, the current name is Neocaridina davidi.

So yes, cherries will definitely breed with cherries. Glad you got an ID.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• @ashrimplab
      By @ashrimplab
      Green shrimp  I looked at one of my green Neocaridina under the microscope, and I'm trying to determine if all green shrimp are like this... or just mine.  Any insight from other green or jade shrimp keepers?

• KeenShrimp
      By KeenShrimp
      I have just noticed while feeding that one of my female Orange Rilis have a lime-green body. I have some with light blue bodies as well among the colony. Does this happen often, or is it something special? She is saddled at the moment. Do I breed her with a regular orange Rili or a blue body one to see if I can get more green ones? Anybody out there with green body orange rilis? 
    • OzShrimp
      By OzShrimp
      Just wondering what people do to deal with their green algae? Scraped the front of my tank clean yesterday and one side.  I attempted to scrape it off the back but it was so freakin hard i ended up giving up lol
      I am attributing it to running 2lights instead of 1 so cut back to 1 (unconfirmed).
      Slowly need to start cleaning it up though as my tank will be packed up in 4 1/2 months.

Anyone know of any shrimp safe stuff to use other then bit of elbow grease!