my setup

HexaD

BR - I'd give him till January to bed in his strategy. Post that' date=' I'd expect results! :victorious:BTW, that set up is looking good. Love that DF...[/quote']With borini out I doubt his gonna last long if Suarez gets injured. Jeez can't even come out with 2m more to get Dempsey! Haha I hope the dw will turn out like I hope after tying on some moss :)Hey Alex, how long did it take to sink? Hopefully I can start placing it in earlier :D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HexaD

• Gbang

• Eshrimp

• ineke

Very nice mate, love that tank already. Have you added any minerals to the water?

You just said filled with RO....

Ill be sending some nice driftwood this week mate ;)

Sank in 1-2 days. Cant remember exact but it was quick :)
Awesome! I'll start tweaking with the scape this weekend!
Very nice mate' date=' love that tank already. Have you added any minerals to the water? You just said filled with RO.... Ill be sending some nice driftwood this week mate ;)[/quote']I've added two spoons of salty mix to it already heh, but won't know the EC till I plug in the G3, hope its alright to go :)Thanks for the generosity again Dean, your a legend mate!

The 2217 arrived today!

C10C843B-4306-4CFC-8197-38932B8191FE-11197-00000F73253141DA.jpg

adding a couple of my favorite seachem items, matrix carbon, purigen and cuprisorb to get things started :D

E8240329-CA02-4BB2-AAE6-29C436430C39-11197-00000F732BA0F731.jpg

all setup and ready to go, thank god everything fits snugly in the cabinet

9738CB38-8DF3-45BE-959E-3543AF6E9472-11197-00000F73375C6268.jpg

a bit cloudy, but only have the 2217 running at the moment as the UV is currently leaking, not sure what's going on, but will on the G3 once I get it fixed

2B604003-E2AA-4C8D-8D38-1BD61A73654D-11197-00000F733CF3256B.jpg

scaping is next!

Amazing setup Hex. Can't wait to see the scaping. I would love to have the time to setup a large display like this. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Niiiiice.... Though about a Cade instead of the our new fluval studio but couldn't find one in Adelaide to really compare ;/ side by side so we got the fluval but Cade's are VEEEERY cool congrats.

Amazing setup Hex. Can't wait to see the scaping. I would love to have the time to setup a large display like this. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.
Thanks! I used to dream of having something like this too! As long as you are patient' date=' I am sure you will get it one day :)
Niiiiice.... Though about a Cade instead of the our new fluval studio but couldn't find one in Adelaide to really compare ;/ side by side so we got the fluval but Cade's are VEEEERY cool congrats.
Yea I agree, I know a few places stocked them last time like Seaview and Aggies. Oh, may I then suggest you drop by to check it out when you decide to upgrade in the VERY near future? Hahaha

received a package from Dean today :D the packaging is awesome, with serviettes, glads plastic bag and taped together before being wrapped in heaps of bubble wrap put in a box like a mummy, amazing from bossaquaria again!

407A26FB-ED64-49BE-83B5-0FB915FED68B-12906-000011B99105DE23.jpgB22CCD5B-28CE-4719-9E21-4052A88F45AA-12906-000011B999F485DF.jpg

story begins with me looking for a centerpiece driftwood for my new setup and Dean answered my call saying he had a spare piece lying around and would be happy to help me out, but wow, i'm in awe! words cannot describe how happy i am at the moment, thank you Dean so much for your generosity!

737E39F7-8D62-4B10-BA41-FF1DB5696A15-12906-000011B9A0ECAB46.jpgC690FB46-DF9D-4622-9998-116AEF6A0DD7-12906-000011B9A5F63E56.jpg

fully covered with mature mini pellia which arrived very very safely! SO happy!

16A518AF-C892-460C-AA6C-BB878FDCA52B-12906-000011B9AB6078BC.jpgACBCB423-4AA0-4FE8-B951-1E8B59708942-12906-000011B9BB83D97F.jpg

and my little first pilot :D

1B6E23B1-AFF8-4F55-B8EC-0F0BDD46DC3D-12906-000011B9B0A4F8D1.jpg

We have always known Dean was a champ and this proves it further. :encouragement:
Now thats a center piece! Looks great Dan!
all thanks to Dean! <3 his is freaking awesome! i owe him big time!after soaking the driftwood for a week' date=' it still felt slimy despite rubbing and washing it in the sink. so i thought rather than putting it in the tank i threw it into the 3ft first as it is more stable/mature and it should be able to withstand anything if something were to go wrong[img']http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/licliczzz/8AF51D44-F9E5-423A-BBF0-637060B817E8-16998-000017CA62F8A46D.jpgAnd 5 minutes later, hoards of shrimp and ottos raced out to gorge on the slim. Unbelievable sight lol851A7304-F777-4AD5-B245-277FED8A743D-16998-000017CA875AEDD4.jpgDEA36A3D-1021-4A68-9030-2FCEC35FEC2E-16998-000017CA7DDEDD9D.jpg00CF6875-D7D9-44A8-B346-55F0FD39B727-16998-000017CA75F2F4C9.jpgDAC45532-5874-4707-B3D9-1552323A2BD6-16998-000017CA6E1715AC.jpg978E9FBF-E20E-4399-86C3-C654B68447E0-16260-000016821A7AF7D6.jpgtwo days later the wood has lost all it's slim and it seems like it hasnt leeched any tannin into the tank (either that or purigen is working extremely hard), but i'll leave it in there for another week or so before moving it into the new tank just to be safe! saw this post on AL this morning and was thinking of trying this method to grow us fissidens on the driftwood, any thoughts?

Wooooooo hooooo tank looks great mate... How due you find the ottos go with the lower temps? I had second thoughts about putting some in to my new shrimp tank since I plan to keep it stable at 22

Wooooooo hooooo tank looks great mate... How due you find the ottos go with the lower temps? I had second thoughts about putting some in to my new shrimp tank since I plan to keep it stable at 22

thanks Emmanuel, i never had any temp issues with otos. the 3 ft is a constant 25c and the 40cm cube is 22c, won't say they are thriving, but they aren't dropping off. see you tomorrow heh

tanks looking great mate, as for the fissidens being done that way... it does work very well but i leave it for 2 weeks before filling with water.

cant wait to see more :)

tanks looking great mate' date=' as for the fissidens being done that way... it does work very well but i leave it for 2 weeks before filling with water.

cant wait to see more :)[/quote']

thanks Dean, I think I will just stick with tying it down with a fishing line/cotton as I already filled the tank, i don't have a spare tank to try the dry start method and keep the driftwood consistently moist with good lighting heh

6D36F7E2-5EA4-4284-8F12-89ED02F6A8B5-18311-00001936C70F927D.jpg

the mini pellia i bought earlier is starting to grow more compact in my tank, loving the neon green tips which are forming new branches everyday

3667A9A9-70C8-45A1-91C9-36E4CA49084E-18311-00001936D301E386.jpg

added a SS into the tank to test how the tank is going but noticed it's head has a dark spot, hope its not the black spot disease..

OOOooooooo just make sure there's a uv steraliser in the tank setup just in case. otherwise looking good mate!

Having seen these tanks in person, I must say these aquariums are amongst the best I have ever seen. And HexaD has got to be one of coolest and most generous blokes I have ever met. Thank you for the privilege of letting us have a look at your set ups mate... We owe you big time.

no worries emanual, just learning from gbang and dean by sharing with fellow members of skf, they have been the main figureheads for me in this hobby! i'm more than happy to help you out with anything you need,, just glad we are getting more members in adelaide :) remember to update your shrimp journal hehe