Sign in to follow this  
ineke

room airconditioner

ineke

I am very lucky and have bought a new split system room airconditioner for my shrimp room. Never having had this type of thing before are they set and forget? Can I set the temp for say 24 degrees and it automatically keeps it there without me having to switch from heating to cooling? For instance if the days forecast is 35 day down to 14 night would the aircon keep the room warm through the night and switch to cool by itself. It is probably really simple to know if you have had these before but we have seperate heating and cooling in the house so I really don't know. Hubby says it's automatic I thought it would only heat or cool depending on the cycle you pick.Please let him be right for ONCE. :rolleyes:

2OFUS

Most modern aircon's have a AUTO setting

If u put It to say 24 on auto

It will keep it at 24 no matter what

2OFUS

Ps

Al is right

110% :)

ineke

Thanks Gary -gee I hate it when he is right!!!!  :blush: but not this time :thumbsu:

• Like 1

OzShrimp

Lol just make sure yours has auto section tho! 

You dont want to have to warm up the room if it doesnt and its set to cool 

ineke

There is an auto cycle so should be OK. :thumbsu:  Just waiting to have it installed- someone is coming to have a look tomorrow. I didn't realise they were so expensive to have installed- usually Alan does all that type of thing but as this has a 5 year warranty we need to get it installed properly.

poeticwinter

nice investment ineke...  :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: 

ineke

Yes I really needed some chillers for at least 4 tanks so this is much cheaper . It will take the stress away especially if we go away for holidays :smile:

newbreed

Awesome!!!

2OFUS

Also the modern air cons have very good energy ratings

My Aunty has a big unit it's 3kw or something

She runs it's constantly,day and nite

Her bill each quarterly only went up $100/$150 only

KillieOrCory

This is great! You are no longer going to have issues with the heat!

ineke

Also the modern air cons have very good energy ratings

My Aunty has a big unit it's 3kw or something

She runs it's constantly,day and nite

Her bill each quarterly only went up $100/$150 only

That"s great to hear- I guess running 10 heaters plus the fans would not be cheap either!

This is great! You are no longer going to have issues with the heat!

It will be good to not have to constantly monitor the tanks. I find that even though I have the heaters turned to their lowest setting once the ceiling fan in the room goes on some of the heaters end up on too so I'm fighting  them -I often switch them off during the day but have to remind myself to switch them back on at night. It should be great not having to worry.

jayc

Do I hear cheap heaters for sale at Ineke's place soon?  :wink:

• Like 1

ineke

Good one JayC -no don't forget I still have all those empty tanks from before the shrimp room- I have spare lights, heaters, pumps -need I say more??????? I just need another room : CRAZY :

jayc

Hoarder

ineke

: SHOUT : Remember this is the Crazy Shrimp Lady you are talking too! I hoard shrimp too!!!!!!! : CRAZY :

jayc

Too funny Ineke.  :lol:

• Like 1

Shrimp Aqua

Lucky you Ineke, all problems solved from now on we hope, this should stabilize everything, so it will be more shrimp, more shrimp, more shrimp and then more shrimp. : SLOBBER :  : LUST :  :thumbsu:  

ineke

LOL yes  lets hope so -just need that plumber to come and install it -he was coming today to have a look but got stuck on a job so hopefully coming tomorrow. I would really like it installed before we go away in a fortnight- if Alan is well enough that is!

Foxpuppet

LOL yes lets hope so -just need that plumber to come and install it -he was coming today to have a look but got stuck on a job so hopefully coming tomorrow. I would really like it installed before we go away in a fortnight- if Alan is well enough that is!

Plumber? You mean electrician?

ineke

Yes That would be an electrician :laugh: -he came this morning and can install before I go away so won't have to worry about any hot weather for the 2 weeks!

Squiggle

Fantastic news Ineke, very exciting! :D

• Like 1