SKF welcomes danieljames to our community

skfadmin

Hello danieljames,

Welcome to Shrimp Keepers Forum. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View danieljames's Profile

Thank u very much iam new to shrimp other then cherries this forum looks like it has all the info u could ever need thanks again for lettin me join

Welcome to the forum, hope you have as much fun here as we do! :welcome:

Not enough, never enough, lol :lol:

I'm more into native, but I do keep some CRS, mischlings, and some cherries. Do you have any shrimp?

I started with cherryies 6months ago and got addictive so i finaly bit the bullet and brought some mischlings, tbm panda x2, cbs an crs and a tibee they arrive this week scared and excited at the same time like being a kid again

• Like 1

Hey Daniel.

Welcome to SKF !
Hope you have fun chillin with us.  :coldb:

We love keeping all sorts of shrimps cherries, mischlings, tb, panda, cbs, crs, pintos and tibees.

But like fishmosy, I have recently seen the beauty in our Australian native shrimp, and slowly building up my collection of them.

Where are you from?

Edited by jayc

Iam from south east qld and i know what u meanin iam waitin on my mischlings like a kid waitin for xmas lol but on a good note partner and i had our first son today (next gene shrimp breeder an lover) he is heathly and happy and so tiny

• Like 1

Congrats mate. Its a terrifying and amazing thing to have a child, especially your first. I remember it being a very long day when my son was born.

Well.my shrimp showed up today all well expect my tibee was doa shame was a gorgeous lookin shrimp. But 1 out of 50 really isnt that bad. Thanks u i was s#*tin bricks for the whole 12 hours of mums labour kind feel useless at the time but best monent of my life when he arrived i watched him be born went a little pale but stayed standing lol

Nice gotta be happy with that. Pics?

Yeah know how you feel, mine was 24hrs then emergency C section. Long day, lotta stress and like you said, not much you can do.

Nice gotta be happy with that. Pics?

Yeah know how you feel, mine was 24hrs then emergency C section. Long day, lotta stress and like you said, not much you can do.

I hope you meant pics of the shrimp. Not the labour.  : SURPRISE :

Can any tell me the goin rate for f3-7 miscling juvies please iam buyin not selling thanks for any help

Congrats on the new family member mate!!

And welcome to both the forum and the hobby!! As you've said, its quite addictive!!

Can any tell me the goin rate for f3-7 miscling juvies please iam buyin not selling thanks for any help

There is a price guide on here.

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/1714-shrimp-price-guide/?hl=%2Bprice+%2Bguide

We are currently updating it but it will give you a rough idea.

Might be a dumb question but how do u make higher grade cbs and crs is it throw line breeding? or do u add snow whites or golden bees and breed the red or black out?

The only thing you will get if you cross with SW or GB is impure genes, the best way is, as you've mentioned, line breeding & being very selective & very thorough. :thumbsu: 

Definitely no such thing as a dumb question here dude. :D

So throw line breeding can i breed cbs an crs into sw or gb? thanks for answering i have been reading post and researching but cant really fine much on the finer lines of upgrade ur shrimp grades. I like the idea of starting at the bottom grades and slowly makin(breeding) higher grade cuties better when u do the hard yards yourself

You can also add high grade individuals to your colony whilst also culling the lowest grades. This has definitely helped to bring up the grade of my CRS colony.

That said its taken me two generations to get my colony from a B grade to an A grade (on average) even using this method. Which reminds me, its about time to cull again.

So throw line breeding can i breed cbs an crs into sw or gb? thanks for answering i have been reading post and researching but cant really fine much on the finer lines of upgrade ur shrimp grades. I like the idea of starting at the bottom grades and slowly makin(breeding) higher grade cuties better when u do the hard yards yourself

You can get from CRS to SW by simply picking the whitest individuals from each generation and breeding them. It would take many generations though.

Use the search function on SKF to search for threads on 'culling' as there have been sme really interesting discussions on how to go about line breeding. One important tip I remember was, only pick one characteristic to work on at a time. For example, more white, or stronger colour, a particular pattern. that way you can really focus on that characteristic and culling becomes much easier.