>No Drill Concealed Hinges

>9mm Hinge Screws

>15mm Wood Nails

>12mm MDF 2400x1200

>Rubber Mat

I Bought my equipment at Bunnings and Mitre 10

P1050273.jpg

Step 2:

Get your Wood cut to size. I got my wood at Mitre 10 and they cut it all up for 5 Dollars. I got perfect cuts all round and with a bit of sandpaper, the edges are smooth as silk. :shock:

Step 3:

Once I got home, I taped up all the pieces with Gum Tape to make sure it all alligns. If it dosent, return to the place you got the wood and get them to redo it, if not your stuck in doom dimension :p

P1050268.jpgP1050269.jpg

Here you can see that all the pieces fit perfectly hence the perfect cut by Mitre 10 :victorious:

Step 4:

I then glued thewood together. I simply put down a bead of the selected glue down the joint and rest the second piece onto it. I then place the joint on a right angle and let it dry while applying pressure. I then do the following for the other pieces until it is all glued together.

P1050278.jpg

Step 5:

Once the glue is completely dried, I nail in a few nails to prevent the wood from splitting during the sanding process. Also to hold the wood together when the tank goes on . :P

P1050302.jpg

​Step 6:

Then the sanding begins. I simply sand until the joints are smooth against eachother so they dont show up when the paints on. I mean, who wants a lumpy looking cabinet :?:

P1050303.jpg

Before Sanding ^

P1050300.jpg

After Sanding^

lol very curious to see how this pans out! Will you consider accepting an order? Been wanting an ADA tank for ages

lol very curious to see how this pans out! Will you consider accepting an order? Been wanting an ADA tank for ages
This is the second cabinet i make. Im good at everything besides the painting lol. What size ADA are you after? Do you still have your old Mini L?EDITED FOR REMAINING BUILD PROGRESSStep 7:I simply used a microfibre paint roller and went swoosh swoosh P1050484.jpgP1050485.jpgP1050486.jpgPretty Nice hey ;) I honestly thought it wouldnt turn out this nice:beaten:Step 8:Details...P1050499.jpgP1050483.jpgP1050492.jpgP1050498.jpgCOMPLETE

This is the second cabinet i make :). Im good at everything besides the painting lol. What size ADA are you after? Do you still have your old Mini L?

I sold it and now I miss it lol! Might get an exact same one down the road, will PM you for quote (if you interested) when I come around to it, at the moment I am still trying to finish my Aquaone 850 project :D

I sold it and now I miss it lol! Might get an exact same one down the road' date=' will PM you for quote (if you interested) when I come around to it, at the moment I am still trying to finish my Aquaone 850 project :D[/quote']

No worries! The ada mini s i have is too small lol. I actually wanted a mini L but they were sold out :(.

Good luck with the aqua one tank! Will need to have a look at it someday.

lol if all else fails Dan makes em too, he sold me an amazing high gloss black one (although im pretty sure he said he would never paint high gloss black again cause it required 1241231242143131 layers of paint! hahahha)

this is looking good mate' date=' cant wait to see it finished :)[/quote']

Mee too! Paint going on this weekend!

Cracked me up Dean.. Do you want to see this cabinet before athick layer of paintstripper :p. I originally had a spraypaint fail hence i cant paint. Paint rollers are for noobs ;)

i hear you mate, i threw away my 6x2x2 cabinet because i screwed up the paint the first time and couldnt be bothered striping it back. my local aquarium love me :)

Paint stripping is annoying but i pulled through... From now on im an official Spraypaint boycotter ;).

• 2 weeks later...