GotCrabs Mr Aqua 12G Bookshelf

GotCrabs

Well I ended up ordering some Shrimp Booster, Shrimp Snow, Shrimp Crack and a feeding dish, looking forward to watching all my shrimp go mental over it, ha.

The Boss Shrimp foods are always a hit. Plus great having the feeder dish, helps getting them all in the one spot each day to check them out easily!!

Found my first Planaria today in the tank, got the tweezers and squashed the little f***k, so now I'm worried I might have Hydra, been looking through the tank and haven't found any more Planaria nor any Hydra at all but thinking it's wise the get something to treat the tank anyway.

Any thoughts on what to use? Cheers.

Well got my Shrimp Booster, Crack and Snow in the mail earlier, when lights on at 12 I'll put the foods to the test and see what the shrimp go mental over, cheers Boss Aquaria.

So how did your shrimp like it ?

Sorry, spent the last 3 days in a drunken haze...

First time I put the Crack in the juvi shrimp loved it, as did the juvi bristlenose, put some in this morning and all shrimp went straight to it, as soon as it went in the water you saw all shrimp suddenly take notice and head over to it and start feeding.

Snow, have only used Snow once, as it is still in the tank, shrimp are still grazing on it.

Haven't used the Booster yet, but will during the week.

I'm going back to bed... meh, Vodka and Jack Daniels don't mix.

• 1 month later...

Howdy all, obviously haven't been here for awhile so a bit of an update on the tank and shrimp.

Tank is going well, have finally managed to get the BBA under control, just dosing some AquaGreen Spit on the BBA areas seems to do the trick, although I still have some issues with Planaria, so when I order some more Crack I'll grab some Planaria Zero and see how it goes.

Have lost about 3 shrimp, not sure which they were though, I have an open top tank but it's to be expected I guess, shrimp don't seem to be breeding at all, I get some RCS now and then but not many, no YCS, DAS, CRS, Chameleon, even though just about all females are berried, just not seeming to pop the eggs out at all.

Still have the 3 Common Bristlenose, they are great, full of life and character, two of them have become large enough to sex now, so I have a male, female and not sure on the third as it's still quite small, so cool though.

Shrimp Crack is awesome, it's amazing how I can throw some pieces in and as soon as the Crack hits the substrate all the shrimp and Bristlenose come out and get amongst it, unreal, perhaps I should chew on a piece and get addicted to it like everyone else, Shrimp Booster is also real good, shrimp go crazy over it when I put a spoon full in, as do the Bristlenose as well and I use the Shrimp Snow now and then as a change up food, they just like to graze on it.

All plant life is going well, I had to do a major trim back on my Broad Leaf Java Fern as it went mental and spat pups out everywhere, so pulled 'em off and threw 'em back in the tank to grow, Anubias Nana is going well, have spat about 7 flowers out so far, all seems well, Amazon Frogbit and Duckweed has gone mental and to the point where it stopped the surface movement of the water, so took a few scoops out and put them in the goldfish tank outside, they seem to like eating it.

Really impressed with the AquaGreen Dino Spit and Pee from AquaGreen, this stuff is great and have no doubt that's why the frogbit and duckweed went crazy, well worth getting into the AquaGreen range if you haven't already.

On a personal note, I'm still not working... just can not get work locally at all, apply here and there and nothing, get to the final stages and nothing, I won't work out of town due to family here and am unable to work hands on like I used to be able to in labor, I am still having troubles with my back, the last disc in my lower lumber is heavily inflamed, swollen, so I am unable to stand up for long periods, even do simple things in the garden, even sit down for long periods, drives me insane, still having issues with Severe Depression and Anxiety, medication works, sometimes... other times I'm not someone to be around, someone said bad things come in 3's... and the rest, just more and more crap comes my family and my way, but what can you do hey...

So that's that, here I am, aren't I a joy, ha.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, just popping in to say g'day, nothing new here, shrimp and corydoras are going well, some breeding from the cherries, not many though, still can't get the other sort of shrimp to lay eggs, even though they are carrying.

I got a job, with CentreLink, after a week I got very ill and ended up in hospital, due to me missing too many days of work and training I was then laid off... so wild!

Back to square one again.

Happy New Year.

Yeah I was stoked I got the job because so many applied for it, Gov jobs are the go, if you can get them, was pretty upset that I got told I was finished though because I had missed too many days work and training due to illness and they weren't going to catch me up on training.

So yeah, not sure what to do, due to health and lack of water locally, I'm lost and kinda desperate.

Going to put the tank a part tomorrow, take all the plants out and drift wood and give 'em all a spray of H2O2, got some BBA growing back, also need to order some Planeria Zero, found 1 not long ago and also have some Hydra growing rapidly, will Planeria Zero treat that as well?

Shrimp are going alright, RCS are going well and some breeding, others are carrying and berried but not laying so at a loss there.

image2_zps1a4416ed.jpeg

Been quiet on here for awhile, I apologise, things are going well with the tank, heres a update, things are quite crammed and full, this just tells me it's time for a new tank, ha, water is a bit dirty as everything is stirred up, anyway here it is, comments welcome, cheers.

image2_zps1a4416ed.jpeg

Been quiet on here for awhile, I apologise, things are going well with the tank, heres a update, things are quite crammed and full, this just tells me it's time for a new tank, ha, water is a bit dirty as everything is stirred up, anyway here it is, comments welcome, cheers.

Why settle for just one more tank, get a couple more!!

Sorry to hear of your recent employment situation mate. Sure it will work itself out before long.

• 4 weeks later...

So here is the tank as of half an hour ago, have pulled all plants and driftwood out and am going to put up on here to sell and looking at doing an all moss display.

IMG_0524_zpsr4ys47xi.jpg

Simple & ready to go, nice dude! :thumbsu:

Yeah when I sell the plants off I'll use that cash to buy some caves and different mosses to put into this tank.

Will look at getting some Subwassertang, Peacock Moss and perhaps Christmas Moss, needs a good clean too.

Oh, also, when I pulled all the plants and driftwood out I found 2 juvi CRS and 2 juvi pure white CRS, I couldn't believe it!!!

I took a photo too, just gotta up load it.

Edited by GotCrabs
  • Like 1