I bought some pintos, and i did put them with my other bees (some panda, some king kong, some blue bolts).
However, i can't seem to find if pintos do breed true (in that case, should i separate them? or will those mix with the others
to make cool new paterns, colors, etc?)
I have a hard time figuring what bee breed true if any.
I've read that bee are a mutation of CRS/CBS, but do they produce similar offsprings or is it more random as an interaction of
Thanks in advance for the help!
By Shrimp Farm
I'd like to share some of my Pinto mix. Hope that U like them. Plis tell me aswell should I start as a part of my chanel english version :)
I got some nice specimen from my mix-aquarium with TB's, pinto's, taitibees etc, etc, The first 2 photos (I think) must be a mix from a pinto zebra and a kingkong, The red one is probably a red tiger and the same father? I've got 2 of the blacks and about 10 of the red ones, I have put them apart from the rest and see what the next genereation will be. Sorry for the quality of the photo's, they're just from my iPhone, the macrolens I ordered hasn't arrived yet :-(
Greetings from the Netherlands
Hey all I am new to the shrimp thing and am a bit confused by a few things. But first a bit about what I have and want to achieve.
I am looking at keeping Crystal Reds and Blacks and as my confidence increases trying for a few different types like Hulks and Blue Bolts and maybe a selective breeding program. I have a cycled rack with 5 tanks ( 4 x 3ft and 1 x 5ft) a common sump (3ft with normal media and a 10000 l/h pump with return so pressure isn't through the roof) and sponge filters for each of the 5 tanks. It has a 300w heater but I am thinking of adding a second 200w just in case of a problem. Will this be ok for the above shrimp or stop the sump and just use the sponges? And now for my newbie questions and things I would like clarified.
- Pinto's are a hybrid shrimp of tigers and bees bred for specific patterns or is there something more complicated happening?
- Can you have mishlings and end up with a few different bee type shrimp after breeding. ie 2 x mishlings bred and offspring could be KK or Hulk or Panda (or any others) depending on genes?
- Can you ever breed true bees from mishlings?
- When doing water changes do you gravel vac the substrate or just top up water?
- I was planning to have the tanks bare with mosses and plants in pots to help with cleaning will this be ok?
- I am using rain water it has a 6.8 PH, 0 KH and I don't have a test kit for TDS and GH is it necessary to have these tests and will I need something to buffer the water and keep the PH lower like ADA soil? - (I have read if KH and PH are low you cannot have a high TDS????)
- Can you get Crystal Blues, Greens or Oranges and what is the difference between Pandas and Crystal Black is it just a slight colour difference?
Please forgive any obviously silly questions as I have searched a lot on the net and confused myself with different information. I am also wanting to minimise any deaths so have not bought any shrimp yet until I am satisfied I know enough and can achieve what I would like to.
Any extra advise would be appreciated thanks for the help and if you need any more information about my setup or anything let me know sorry again if anything seems obvious.
A rookie mistake on a hot melbourne day (it was above 40 degrees yesterday). My tanks got a little too hot yesterday as I closed the door to where I keep them and thus prevented the air conditioning hitting that room. As a result a couple of TB female shrimp deaths and to make matters worse when I got home I left the lid off my breeding external box to give the water more air/oxygen. This morning I woke up and found 2 TB's had tried to make a run for it and had jumped out of the breeding box and were dead on the floor.
Great thing about keeping shrimp is that you learn the lessons the hard way!