A step forward

petfish

• HOF Member

Very cool. Tibees are awesome and have great character. Enjoy!

Just remember they will all interbreed .

• HOF Member

It depends on what you want! Pintos are the current new best thing but you need a TB to get the pattern and colouring.

You can try all 3 - Tibee to Tibee and Tibee to CRS/CBS to see what you get. The colours and patterns get really interesting.

Originally I had mine in a mixed tank with TB and Mischlings and the patterns I'm getting are really nice including the beginning of my Pinto line now the babies are F3. Only problem is I didn't know who the parents were so now I have separate tanks with only 1 male in each and I'm putting female Tibees in with them so I have a tank with a TB , a tank with an OEBT and I will have a Tibee only tank next week once it has had new substrate in there.

thanx Ineke, that is what i was thinking of trying to get to, (pinto) so i will need either KK, PANDA, W/RED, B/BOLT or ??? to throw in the mix, mmmm anyone ???? :)

• HOF Member

That is what I understand and the only tank that the Pintos are showing up is my tank with Tibees and my TB. I now have about 12 Pintos from 2 different drops but there could be more as some are very tiny. It's exciting because the girls are berried again so I'm looking forward to seeing what turns up. So when the babies are breeding age I guess I breed them back to a TB but I will also try breeding them to each other - it's all a big learning curve and it's exciting because you never know exactly what you get!

hopefully someone will answer your questions so we both know where to go from here but from what I have read and what BB has said the TB is the way to go.

• Like 1

cool, just need to get a couple of TB males from somewhere now : MOREQUESTIONS : PS: sent your order out yesterday.

• HOF Member

A few members breed TB -I know CNgo2006 had some nice ones recently for sale. 

Thanks I need the Biozyme for my babies- no pure TB unfortunately I need a few more too!

question: mine are M x Tiger = F1 Tibee, they were crossed back over Tiger = F2 Tibee, they were again crossed back over Tiger = F3 Tibee (mine)

if i cross those over each other are they F4 or ? also if i crossed mine with TB, the result would be F4 Tibee ?

Edited by petfish

• HOF Member

I'm not sure about the Tibee to Tibee - if it works like Mischlings and I think it does then they would go back to F1. The TB to Tibee should continue to increase the F number. If you are breeding for yourself then it doesn't matter but if you decide to sell then you need to be able to tell people what they are.

Some of my Tibees come from BlueBolts mongrel tank - standing joke but basically crosses of different types- he has a tank with all sorts and I was lucky enough to receive some I'm pretty sure that some of the baby Pintos I have come from some of his stock and as I said previously I don't know who bred with what but the results show great promise. I am only breeding for my own tanks so I don't mind so much about F numbers and if I eventually give away or sell excess stock I will just let people know they are not "pure". It's only now that there are some promising babies that I have split everyone up so I can keep track of the breeding- also now I have some Tigers I want to be sure the female only breeds with the male Tiger so only female Tibees will go in with him.

• Like 1

thanx Ineke, yes i thought the Tibee x Tibee might go back to F1, just wasn't sure, at the moment i am "breeding for myself" but do want to know exactly what i have/breed for future reference,

New shrimp, woohoo 1 x TB Panda , 1 x TBM Shadow Panda and 12 F5 Mischlings

post-846-0-97192000-1412584533_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-93467100-1412584568_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-33034500-1412584601_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-91616900-1412584626_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-20352600-1412584651_thumb.jpg

yeah i'm real happy, and will hopefully be getting another 2 Panda and another 2 S/Panda soon, we think these 2 i have are boy's and now waiting for the others to get a little bigger to get 2 girl's of Panda and 2 girl's of S/Panda to go with the ones i have

I want to breed TB to TB and TBM to TBM but also use the boy's to breed with the Tibee and Mischling's

Very nice shrimp mate, who did you buy your panda from ? Am wanting to buy a tb :)

I got them from Aaron (Aquathumb) top bloke and very nice shrimp  Edited by petfish
  • Like 1

Hi mate, that's some nice shrimp you got there, do you mind letting us know where you got them from.

Cheers mick

they came from another top bloke, Jeff (Daydream) and thank you to, Mick, good to finally meet you on sunday. Edited by petfish