cherry feeding time

Dean

just thought id share a couple of feeding time pics i just took tonight :)

1st. chocolates

post-1-139909846406_thumb.png

post-1-139909846407_thumb.png

2nd. Mixed cherry tank. has a bit of everything in it

post-1-139909846408_thumb.png

and some new snails i got last week.

Giant Cone snail. 5cm

Giant spiny snail 5cm

i got 10 of each to see if they breed or eat my plants/moss as i know nothing about them.

post-1-139909846409_thumb.png

post-1-139909846409_thumb.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]656[/ATTACH]

post-29-139909857598_thumb.jpg

post-29-139909857602_thumb.jpg

post-29-139909857606_thumb.jpg

post-29-13990985761_thumb.jpg

post-29-139909857614_thumb.jpg

Mm, they sure look like they're enjoying the feast! Those new snails are really cool too :D

Is that baby spinach you're feeding them? I eat baby spinach pretty much every day and I'd love to give some to my shrimp, but it's not organic and I'm worried about the chemicals. Do you think it would be safe, or would it be better not to risk it? :confused:

yes it is baby spinach, i grow it special for the shrimp :) just need to boil it for a minute or two first then add to the tank.

they love it :) i personally would not use spinach from the shop as i dont know what pesticides might have been used on it :)

I like the black chocolates. Very nice.

In regards to the baby spinach, I have bought bags of organic spinach from the supermarket. I would hope that they would be pesticide free.

they are just dark chocolates :) not blacks

im not sure if organic means pesticide free??

this is the few blacks i have from the chocolates

post-23-13990984643_thumb.jpg

post-29-139909846172_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh, black shrimp! I think that just became my new favourite colour neocaridina :D

Well then, I think I'll have to go down to Bunnings tomorrow morning and see if they have some little plants so I can grow my own spinach. Thanks Dean :D

just buy the seeds and a small pot. it grows very fast and if you keep taking a few leaves from it, it will keep growing new small leafs :)

Hi Dean

Nice shrimp, got to get me some when I have moved.

The Spinneys get to 10cm long and the Cones get to 12cm, they don't eat plants or have not for me in 6 years.

You need some small spiny specimens to grow on, they have better spins on them for the start ( they loose them digging) and your spinneys will also go green with red stripes.

I am also looking for a Giant cone with a yellow spotted foot now, heard a rumor

Did you get them from Phil

Bob

@Nogi: They stay down after they have been in boiled water for a few minutes.

Maybe I'm not boiling long enough cause mine float. Lol

I find that mine float sometimes as we'll. To make them sink I find that I use tweezers to drop them in one at a time and slowly wave them around just under the water surface. I see small air bubbles coming off the piece which obviously make them float, also make sure the leaf is open and not closed over or rolled up. My cherrys go ballistic for the stuff but the CRS don't seem as interested.

Very nice Dean. The cherries are awesome.

Are the snail and nerites native? (I'm guessing the 'snails' with the horned shells are nerites).

Hi Bob, that is huge, i thought they were fully grown. i have them in my growout plant tanks for now to see how they go and if they survive my tank conditions. they are bar bottom tanks so no digging to worry about.i got them from a fish wholesaler in Melbourne. that was the only types they had and i only got them because i had never seen them before :)

Hi DeanNice shrimp, got to get me some when I have moved.The Spinneys get to 10cm long and the Cones get to 12cm, they don't eat plants or have not for me in 6 years. You need some small spiny specimens to grow on, they have better spins on them for the start ( they loose them digging) and your spinneys will also go green with red stripes.I am also looking for a Giant cone with a yellow spotted foot now, heard a rumorDid you get them from PhilBob
sorry mate i honestly dont know. i just know them as giant cone and giant spiny snails
Very nice Dean. The cherries are awesome. Are the snail and nerites native? (I'm guessing the 'snails' with the horned shells are nerites).