My Blue Cherry Evolution

BlueBolts

The initial stock on this quest evolved from the blue velvets, red rill blue base.....selective breeding for approx 3-4 generations.

CE5AFBD8-F83C-4B1B-8E5B-A3B7A769BF64.jpg

​Through natural mutations, "blue's" from black & brown cherry were added to the breeding stock. The results, were a culling rate of  80-90%. Frustrating at the best of times, but decided that this journey had to take place to add the depth of colour etc....

D90C4703-A46E-4CCA-8214-005B7172E3AD.jpg

Eventually natural mutations via my carbon rilli were added to the project. These were selectively picked for their body coloration, with minimal rill pattern in existence as possible.

FF70A170-6F21-4A58-8C38-418977036EEC.jpg

The results after 1-2 years of selective breeding....

3F447342-97F9-4478-847B-FEFA103855BA.jpg

Ive recently added Gbang's blue dream  :thumbsu: to the colony, to strengthen their coloration, and to improve them breeding true. Looking forward towards the next 3-5 generations, were I expect them to do so......

The quest continue's .......

• Like 3

It must be a great feeling being able to create a shrimp over years of selective breeding to arrive at colour or pattern that you were aiming for.

Congrats!

Thank you for all the great comments. Hopefully I'm over the major hurdle...earlier generations were producing wild type and off shoots of their genetic base, i.e. choc, black, etc...but the last 1-2 generations are starting to produce good %. 

Will keep this thread updated...

Love a lovely tank of Stunning Blue shrimp! Nice work Marcus!