2foot shrimp tank 2.0

Nate37YMS

Hey guys,
After a helping hand from donny and ben at @@ageofaquariums: I have finally Aquascaped my 2 foot shrimp tank :)
I decided on a desert style theme as I will have 14 SW/GB in there from thursday next week thanks to @JPN07 I will also add a trio next thursday of black cherries thanks to @smicko
IMG_3442.jpg
Without water
IMG_3457.png
With water
I've gone with a inert red diamond sand with Thunder eggs as "mountains" and petrified wood as smaller peaks, I then used twigs(been in tanks for months already) with java moss covering them as "cactuses" Also running DIY CO2 and will start dosing with Dupla plant 24 next week. Also looking at changing the single t8 10000k to 2x 10w 6500k LED flood lights :) I really love the shimmering effect LEDs have on a tank, plus 20W of LED lighting is going to be AWESOME :) Looking at a top filter of 450lph with a shrimplet safe inlet, will so fill with macropore and marinepure :) wanting the best for these little guys.
IMG_3459.jpg
IMG.png
The only SW I've got, for now lol
Obviously this tank is different and unique and not going to be to everyones taste, but this is my first attempt at really scaping a tank :)
Always open to criticism, both positive and negative :)
Regards,
Nathan
  • Like 1

Love the desert theme. 

Way to go thinking outside the box, or is that tank?  :lol:  :goodjob:

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1

I love the concept and the look its great! i would be weary with DIY co2,have read alot of disaster stories lol

• Like 1

I have a bubble counter, bubble and a half or so a second so not too high, I have had a few disasters with CO2 both pressurized and DIY :(
Thank you guys, I just wanted something different, don't get me wrong, some of the aquascaped tanks are GORGEOUS, I just wanted to be different to every other scaped tank.

may actually remove the CO2 its only java moss, shouldn't gamble on over $200 worth of shrimp on DIY, might get a smaller CO2 kit or just leave it out lol

Got around 20 GB thanks to @JPN07 so here is some updated pics, tanks changed a little bit, same with filtration. still waiting on my 6500K 2x 10w Leds for the tank :)

here is some updated pictures :) may be a little data heavy :P

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

Will update again when i get the blacks :)

Nathan

• Like 2

@FishBeast Thank you, I honestly appreciate it :) 
I'm still very new to the shrimp world, but already it has suckered me in sooooo badly!

thinking of converting my 2.5x2x2 into a fully planted shrimp paradise soon haha 

New lighting for my Shrimp desert tank :) 2x 10W 6500k Cree LEDs :D very happy boy
IMG_3553.jpg
IMG_3554.jpg
IMG_3555.jpg
IMG_3556.jpg

Man I wish I did my tank like yours.

Its easy to see the shrimp. Very nice!

• Like 1

Amazing the difference with the new lighting! Looks brilliant and the shrimp look great too!

• Like 1

hoping they all survive :( I've been using tap water under advice of some, WP is PH 8-8.5 Kh 720ppm Gh 150ppm 0 nitrite Less then 20 nitrate, waiting on the arrival of my RO system then to slowly acclimatize them to nice water. also have benibachi fluvic soil on its way too, I'll just add some behind the rocks on this tank, the rest is going into my next tan, which will be my CBS tank plus might keep some neocaridinas in there too just for a colour contrast :D

Great to see your planning another tank. The fun can't stop at just one!

• Like 1

next one is a lot bigger, 3x2x18" Will have mt Glenn Ng shrimpys in there, 

• Like 1