Foxpuppets 36L Benibachi Tank

Foxpuppet

I know most would have seen this before, but as we are starting fresh here on SKF i figured i should post a thread on my favourite shrimp tank.

This tank is in my office next to me while i use the computer such as now - very distracting.

Size - 36 L

Equipment

Filtration - Eheim HOB

Heater - Jager 50w (not on until winter)

Lighting - 8w LED with moonlight

Cooling - Twin fan clip on.

Substrate - 1x5kg bag of Beni Bachi Black Fulvic Soil (normal) with benibachi mineral powder laid under substrate.

Hardscape - Driftwood

Plants -

Bolbitis Fern

Needle Leaf Java Fern

Marimo Balls

Peacock moss

Mini Pelia

Windelov

US fissidens

Shrimp -

neocaridina heteropoda . Var Yellow

CRS

CBS

water parameters

PH - 6.4

Gh - 5-6Ëš

KH - 0Ëš

Temp - 22Ëšc

TDS - 190

when i first started the tank with i used UpAqua Shrimp sand it looked like this

dsc3538t.jpgdsc5140.jpg this was a few month after setup

dsc6174.jpg then i got some higher grade ss males

dsc6134.jpg who produced these offspring.

Gradually i lost nearly all these CRS due to unknown reasons (possibly temp, disease, low GH??) I tried many things and decided to not purchase anymore until i knew where to go next.

then recently we got benibachi products in australia for the first time so i decided to start fresh and give the CRS another go.

2 of my CRS had stayed alive the whole time in another tank so i re-did the 36L with new substrate and slowly got more CRS, CBS and NH sp.Yellow

and now it looks like this with the BeniBachi soil

dsc8797n.jpgdsc8734a.jpg CRS colour coming from the shadows

dsc8736.jpg yellow saddled

dsc8775v.jpg Big Berried CRS - this one comes out the most

dsc8797n.jpg FTS

dsc8841a.jpg i tried this peacock moss wall for a while but pulled it out due to bad growth.

This Tank is now producing constant batches of shrimplets from CRS and yellows as well as some low numbers of CBS.

I really like this tank foxpuppet, Looks natural :congratulatory:

Can we have a pic of the LED unit?

looks really nice Fox, are these recent pics?

looks really nice Fox' date=' are these recent pics?[/quote']

i can't upload any recent ones as my computer is in for repairs, give me a few days and i'll be updating the thread with new pics.

nice set bro...... i think the reason you loss your crs is the up shrimp sand sbstrate because in my experience its absorbs too much mineral than release mineral..... the best think to use this substrate is to mix them with ADA amazonia soil cause its release much2 mineral........

on the contrary benibachi crimson black soil have a stable both release mineral when your water is lack of mineral or absorb them if the water contain too much mineral........

cheers......

nice set bro...... i think the reason you loss your crs is the up shrimp sand sbstrate because in my experience its absorbs too much mineral than release mineral..... the best think to use this substrate is to mix them with ADA amazonia soil cause its release much2 mineral........

on the contrary benibachi crimson black soil have a stable both release mineral when your water is lack of mineral or absorb them if the water contain too much mineral........

cheers......

So would you say that benibachi mineral balls and mineral powder could counteract this problem?

So would you say that benibachi mineral balls and mineral powder could counteract this problem?

No, i think bee ball (beni mineral ball) don't efek anything to my water it just ornament, the uses is not profen enough....

you can conteract by using mineral liquid ca+ shirakura or other mineral liquid / powder that directly efect in your water parameter.... thats my experience....hehehe

looking good mate' date=' cant wait to see some new photos :)[/quote']

computer is back in action so here are my latest from the last few weeks.

dsc1728o.jpg FTS with Led for Loach

dsc1651q.jpg New Gadget

dsc1646u.jpg in action

dsc1735he.jpg close inspection

dsc1619.jpg does my head look big in this?

dsc1609m.jpgdsc1588q.jpgdsc1658i.jpgdsc1661n.jpg

cont... (10 image limit)

dsc1740q.jpgdsc1774da.jpg

Looking great!

I actually have that light lol. Not bright enough for me but it works for your tank :). Love the chocolate CRS!

Not bright enough for me but it works for your tank :)
yeah i only have lowlight plants and it's still growing too quickly! the peacock moss struggled in here though
Love the chocolate CRS!
the what? haha which one do you mean?

One of the last pics. It has a black tinge.

haha sorry mate that's just bad contrast due to it being in a dark spot of the tank... but shows the white cover well.

I really like this tank, there`s just something about it and I`m sure the shrimp love it, lots of hidy holes!!

looks realy nice, the shrimp seem to like the oxydator.

I have seen those lights before in a shop and they dont look to bad, can yours be linked up to more lights through the one power plug?

img4243wp.jpgimg4350o.jpg

Great closeup Fox I can see their eyes! They look like they are ready to pop

• 3 weeks later...
dsc2136o.jpgdsc2124o.jpgdsc2120z.jpgdsc2112l.jpg

Thanks poach for loaching my ferns.... Haha kidding mate, I only know it as bolbitis so thanks for he ID, got it free yonks ago from kiwibigd... It's just kept growing and I've given it away, traded it many times over now. Great lowlight plant and the shrimplets love it!